Paul Faulkner

smetrov

He can **** off really. Asking the fans to support the club? Wheres our owners support? He wont even show his face to support the club he owns. He doesn't care.

We do. I am sure our fans will be right behind the lads until we either concede or play absolute rubbish as we have been. We will support.. how are the players going to respond? How will Lambert respond? Sending out more defenders? Inspiring indeed....

Given the apparent need for PR, I think that the fact Faulkner has made the statement is more revealing that the actual words used.

As Nabby has pointed out, the quote from after the Bolton game is pretty similar, and many think that was the point of no return for MacLeish. Perhaps we are at the same point for Lambert now?

For me, as much as I am deeply troubled by our current position, we have to survive this season - whatever it takes. Not for Lerner, Faulkner, or Lambert - for us.

And let's be honest, as much as we want the club to say "recent performances have ben shite; everyone needs to get a **** grip and play like Aston Villa means the world to them like the supporters expect" - it will never happen. I think the "that is hard to take" is as brutal as it will get.

There is a comparison between the two, the Bolton one was about the fans, the players and the board, no mention of the manager. However this one mentions the manager is hurting, They will not sack him IMO, however I can see him walking.

Can we apply the Clough logic of if the manager goes, the man who hired him should go too?

I think Lambert could've done better in some ways but I'm sick of managers being used as scapegoats. The problem is the one constant in all of this, the owner and the board.

• Like 3

What Faulkner says, in terms of what is needed in the face of our current form and position is in my view right. We need to stick together and try and get over the line. That isn't to say there aren't lots of questions that need answered or people that shouldn't be losing their jobs at some point. I just think its what is needed in the short term.

The problem is that Faulkner has zero credibility with most fans and rightly so.

• Like 4

It is a load of old bollocks of course but hes in a no win at this point, say nothing and be criticised or say something and its pr rubbish. However we need a proper statement from Lerner or Faulkner come the summer of what is actually happening and what our plans are not just some vague good sounding bunch of words together.

Can't understand why this guy is such a hate figure. Lerner is the man who makes the decisions when it comes to money. It's like being angry with your local bank manager because of the mess the banks are in.

He's the CEO of the company, so in your analogy, it's be like being angry with the CEO of a bank because of the mess the banks are in.  Which would be entirely reasonable.

• Like 3

Can't understand why this guy is such a hate figure. Lerner is the man who makes the decisions when it comes to money. It's like being angry with your local bank manager because of the mess the banks are in.

He's the CEO of the company, so in your analogy, it's be like being angry with the CEO of a bank because of the mess the banks are in.  Which would be entirely reasonable.

He's the CEO in name only IMHO. I don't think he's got a few hundred million in the club's current account and is refusing to give it to Lambert - If there was and he did he'd be sacked. He has no financial control for playing staff (not senior playing staff anyway). So in that that regard there's no way he's the club's CEO.

He's the club's CEO.

What should he be doing differently? Do you honestly think he has the power to loosen the purse strings? Do you think any other CEO would have the ability to appoint an improvement on Lambert successfully without loosening the purse strings for transfers and wages? The guy's there to run the admin of the club - the abuse he gets for the current state were in is total guilt by association. The major **** ups have been Lerner's and his alone.

I think the board will understand and sympathise with Lambert in relation to the injuries we've had. I also think Faulkner is right and the club do just need to stick together and finish the season safely.

But after the season has finished, something has to give. 

Â