Paul Faulkner

smetrov

Don't get me wrong, it probably isn't as a shirt sponsor, but there are other possibilities. Maybe stadium sponsorship isn't all that far fetched? We're set to host games for the Rugby World Cup next year, there is room for expansion and Villa Park is already one of the biggest stadiums in the country.

Hopefully we'll find out more soon and hopefully it is actually true. Like I said before, any sort of connection with such a huge brand could only do us good.

Rumours of us cutting a deal with Sony to become a sponsor. Good work if so PF!

Well if there is a deal with Sony we would need to know the value of it before we could herald it good work surely?
I think Sony's international brand power alone outweighs any short term financial benefit, especially if we are trying to push ourselves out in Asia.

Our association with Nike didn't really do much or last that long.

• Like 1

Well I think it is difficult to measure what Nike did exactly for us, so we probably can't say whether it did much for us or not. However, I know our kit was in plenty more shops than now.

Bit of an odd comparison though being as we're comparing a sponsor to a kit manufacturer. Do Sony sponsor any other teams in England, in any capacity? Genuine question if anybody knows.

Well it wouldn't bring any negatives would it?

With Nike didn't they leave our designs late to focus on bigger clubs and delayed when we could release the shirt?

I'm on about if we did partner with Sony in some way. Honestly, do you really think it could be negative for the club?

With Nike didn't they leave our designs late to focus on bigger clubs and delayed when we could release the shirt?

I'm on about if we did partner with Sony in some way. Honestly, do you really think it could be negative for the club?

Probably not. I was just agreeing with Trent that I think you need to see what comes from it before declaring it a good deal.

Stadium sponsor?

Can't wait to get back to Birmingham and watch Aston Villa at The Sony Centre!
maybe at least then our tannoy sound in the stadium might be looked at and improved:)

No. That's not true.

OK you'll know more than me. I thought there was some reason we stopped with Nike and I'm sure the general posted some stuff about us not being happy with them. May have just imagined it all though.

Whilst Sony in terms of brand are a global powerhouse.....arn't they sort of on the way down a bit.....with the likes of Samsung/Panasonic now out flanking them.

My point is like buying players.... we should always be looking for associations or players or staff .....on the way up not down.

The whole persona of the club SEEMS "after thought" or "late decision" or "an on the way downer".

We need people at Villa with some vibrancy and vigour and surround ourselves with these types.... court positivity and be on the front foot....even the dug out looks second rate in comparison to other clubs in the prem.

we had so many pioneers in the past.

"proud history bright future"......who's kidding who.

• Like 1

Whilst Sony in terms of brand are a global powerhouse.....arn't they sort of on the way down a bit.....with the likes of Samsung/Panasonic now out flanking them.

My point is like buying players.... we should always be looking for associations or players or staff .....on the way up not down.

The whole persona of the club SEEMS "after thought" or "late decision" or "an on the way downer".

We need people at Villa with some vibrancy and vigour and surround ourselves with these types.... court positivity and be on the front foot....even the dug out looks second rate in comparison to other clubs in the prem.

we had so many pioneers in the past.

"proud history bright future"......who's kidding who.

I'm glad you posted this, Sony is a sinking ship and without the Playstation wouldn't exist as they are being destroyed in all of their other consumer electronics markets by the likes of Samsung.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

In terms of global brand awareness of Sony and Aston Villa, arguing that Sony might be a bad idea because they're being battered in the markets is akin to a sixty year old that smells of fish rejecting a 20 year old girl on the grounds that she is a brunette not blonde.

• Like 3

I'm sure people just like moaning for the sake of it. If we got Sony as a sponsor whether or not they're still the best around it would be a coup as they are still a massive name who would be paying us!! This would also lead to our name being talked about more globally which apart from money is the main aim so for me it's win win regardless. Also I think Pioneer went bump in the 90's!!

Â