Paul Faulkner

smetrov

I think, Lambert goes in the summer, a new man comes in, the cycle repeats yet again with the same old issues in the transfer windows and the same old near relegation fodder football. But I think on the next cycle the majority wake up and abuse the board instead of the manager, en masse, at a game. Protests and everything.

Lerner would be an absolute mug to trust Lambert with any more money.  The problem is, he's demonstrated on enough occasions that he is an absolute mug, so he may jdo just that.

Why? Spending money has been Lambert's strongest suit. Guzan, Vlaar, Okore (probably), Lowton, Westwood, Bacuna, Benteke, Kozak. These have been decent, good or very good signings. The only total duds have been Bennett, Luna, Tonev and Bowery, and these have cost, what, £5-6m in total? Lambert has added a lot of value to the squad in comparison with what he has spent.

Lerner would be much more of a mug not to trust him with more money, because it would imperil our league status. He'd be a mug too to just chance it on someone else and hope for the best. We can't do another 'season of transition' because there's every chance it will be a transition to the Championship.

How can you include Guzan?!  Whether you class him as a Lambert signing or not, he certainly didn't spend any money on him.  Of the others you mention, only Benteke has been a definite success.  Lowton definitely belongs in the "total dud" category, and at best the jury is out on the others, or it's impossible to judge as with Okore. 

Lerner would be an absolute mug to trust Lambert with any more money. The problem is, he's demonstrated on enough occasions that he is an absolute mug, so he may jdo just that.

Why? Spending money has been Lambert's strongest suit. Guzan, Vlaar, Okore (probably), Lowton, Westwood, Bacuna, Benteke, Kozak. These have been decent, good or very good signings. The only total duds have been Bennett, Luna, Tonev and Bowery, and these have cost, what, £5-6m in total? Lambert has added a lot of value to the squad in comparison with what he has spent.

Lerner would be much more of a mug not to trust him with more money, because it would imperil our league status. He'd be a mug too to just chance it on someone else and hope for the best. We can't do another 'season of transition' because there's every chance it will be a transition to the Championship.

How can you include Guzan?! Whether you class him as a Lambert signing or not, he certainly didn't spend any money on him. Of the others you mention, only Benteke has been a definite success. Lowton definitely belongs in the "total dud" category, and at best the jury is out on the others, or it's impossible to judge as with Okore.

Disagree

Inept mouthpiece for an inept regime.

Nice, please pass more judgements on me as a fan.

I wouldn't class you as a fan Mr Faulkner, you had no football background before you took the job at Villa no?  ;)

Lerner would be an absolute mug to trust Lambert with any more money.  The problem is, he's demonstrated on enough occasions that he is an absolute mug, so he may jdo just that.

Lerner would be much more of a mug not to trust him with more money, because it would imperil our league status. He'd be a mug too to just chance it on someone else and hope for the best. We can't do another 'season of transition' because there's every chance it will be a transition to the Championship.

How can you include Guzan?!  Whether you class him as a Lambert signing or not, he certainly didn't spend any money on him.  Of the others you mention, only Benteke has been a definite success.  Lowton definitely belongs in the "total dud" category, and at best the jury is out on the others, or it's impossible to judge as with Okore. 

How can you say Lowton is a "total dud"? He's not had the best season this year, but was fantastic last campaign. He's obviously got talent, he's just completely shot of confidence. Let's give him a chance to regain that confidence eh?

How can you say Lowton is a "total dud"? He's not had the best season this year, but was fantastic last campaign. He's obviously got talent, he's just completely shot of confidence. Let's give him a chance to regain that confidence eh?

In hindsight, he was just the best of a woeful defence last season but this season has proven that he can't defend and thus shouldn't be a defender at this level. Shame, as he is a good footballer.

Edited by Isa

Two great goals doth not a fantastic defender make.  He was bought as a right back, but can't defend.  Next.

Straight after my post not far fetched to assume its about me as I am not being 'anti'

Quite an ego.

It's a thread about Paul Faulkner and he didn't even quote your post.

If you say so.

I can't quote posts when I use this site unless I use my phone.

Two great goals doth not a fantastic defender make.  He was bought as a right back, but can't defend.  Next.

Dunno, I thought he was pretty decent at defending and breaking forward. The way he used intercept play and then counter attack was fantastic. I think a huge problem for our defense last season was actually our midfielders and a lack of a defensive midfielder. But I guess we all watch football differently, and some see it more black and white than others.  But hey ho. Guess it's the wrong thread for this chat anyway.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

And basically his value today is probably less than we paid for him so he has to go into the duds!

Â