Paul Faulkner

smetrov

Paul has resigned from Nottingham Forest!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31090329

Nottingham Forest chief executive Paul Faulkner has resigned less than 24 hours after Stuart Pearce was sacked as manager, BBC Nottingham Sport reports.

Faulkner had only been in the role for five months, having officially taken over at the start of September 2014.
The former Aston Villa chief executive has been placed on gardening leave, but the club are yet to confirm his exit.
Dougie Freedman replaced Pearce as boss on Sunday after the loss to Millwall left them 12th in the Championship.
Owner Fawaz Al Hasawi said the poor run, which has left Forest 13 points off the play-offs, convinced him that Pearce had to go.
But he said dismissing Reds legend Pearce was his "hardest footballing decision".
Pearce, who spent 12 years at the club as a player, is still considering taking up an advisory role at the club.

• 5 years later...
23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Completely blocked that guy from my memory. Was he before or after the legendary Tom Fox? :lol: 

before, came in when Randy did but was background for a few seasons.He was always blamed for MON leaving and the club going backwards

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Completely blocked that guy from my memory. Was he before or after the legendary Tom Fox? :lol: 

He was involved behind the scenes for a few years and then we bumped him up to CEO around 2008 I think as previous season we'd have a couple of short lived CEOs (Michael Cunnah is name that sticks in my mind and fairly sure there was someone else).

Worked at MBNA so that's how he got to know Lerner.

Will give the interview a listen when I've got more time but my feeling is he tried his best but it became pretty difficult when the cash taps ran dry. Interesting what role he played in the managerial decisions around that time e.g. Mcleish.

Think he might've been a bit too nice for a ruthless role like CEO as harsher one would've let MON go straight away in May 2010 and avoid all the nonsense a few months later. Purslow did exactly that with Benitez at Liverpool around that time.

57 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

All of Fox's trendy corporate buzzwords meant to convey competence and strength amounted to **** all. He came off as a bit too slick for my liking. Just another hog at the trough, in my opinion. 

• Like 2

Faulkner's been on Birmingham commerce board for last 4-5 years I think so that's the sort of role that probably suits him, getting sponsor deals for Commonwealth games and stuff like that as I imagine he has decent contacts from his time with us.

Edited by VillaChris

I'm not buying this innocent hapless character. 

I remember getting so angry during a radio interview with him I nearly destroyed the radio. 

He basically admitted that he appointed Alex McLeish on the basis that as he'd won the League Cup with Birmingham then he MUST be a good manager. That is a dangerous man in my opinion. 

Â