Paul Faulkner

smetrov

I'm sure people just like moaning for the sake of it. If we got Sony as a sponsor whether or not they're still the best around it would be a coup as they are still a massive name who would be paying us!! This would also lead to our name being talked about more globally which apart from money is the main aim so for me it's win win regardless. Also I think Pioneer went bump in the 90's!!

Pioneer are still going strong

Not sure what this guy has done to get on the Board of Directors for the FA? hasn't done anything remarkable at Villa and just been a Yes man!

That is the pre requisite for the FA.....Compliance( is there motto)

"The season didn't go the way we would have wanted and we have to look for reasons why that may be. If we were happy with mediocrity or a season like this, then we wouldn't be making changes."

The above is what Paul Faulkner said after the sacking of Alex McLeish. Well almost two seasons of struggles down the line it seems the club may well be happy with a lot less than mediocrity.

I don't know how much this guy is responsible for our woes over the last 4 years. What I do know is that he became CEO in May 2010 and certainly on the pitch the club has gone backwards since then to a point where we are now simply stagnating and have become a club whose chief, and only aim it seems, is to avoid relegation.

• Like 3

"The season didn't go the way we would have wanted and we have to look for reasons why that may be. If we were happy with mediocrity or a season like this, then we wouldn't be making changes."

The above is what Paul Faulkner said after the sacking of Alex McLeish. Well almost two seasons of struggles down the line it seems the club may well be happy with a lot less than mediocrity.

I don't know how much this guy is responsible for our woes over the last 4 years. What I do know is that he became CEO in May 2010 and certainly on the pitch the club has gone backwards since then to a point where we are now simply stagnating and have become a club whose chief, and only aim it seems, is to avoid relegation.

We have gone so far backwards, we are now at a point where it will take 30/40m just to get close to Everton! 

• Like 1

Four games ago, on the back of two good home wins, we were looking up the table and feeling confident of a strong, positive finish to the season.

Since then we have suffered four consecutive defeats and that is hard to take. We are hurting. Fans are hurting, playersicon1.png and the manager are hurting. The frustration is shared by everyone who loves Aston Villa.

Now more than ever it's time for us all to pull together - fans, players, the manager, everyone at the Clubicon1.png. Our immediate focus and combined efforts need to be concentrated on our game against Southampton this weekend and on our remaining games this season. We need to channel our energies into creating a positive atmosphere and getting the result we need on Saturday at Villa Park and in the games that follow.

Our fans have been magnificenticon1.png throughout the season, as they always are. We are desperate to give them more to cheer about. I'm frustrated when we're not able to do that and I know the manager and players are frustrated as well.

We know we can handle adversity. What we need now is for everyone to stick behind the team and continue to show the great support that is a hallmark of our Club.

- Paul Faulkner, Villa CEO

From the OS

• Like 2

Â