Paul Faulkner

smetrov

Sending out the same statement calling for unity, which is almost word-for-word the same statement they sent out after the Bolton game under McLeish is stupidity of the highest order, and further proof after the Bennett Twitter chat that the PR side from the club is hilariously bad.  Lexicon's right though, this is as close to saying "stick with us until the end of the season, then he's toast" as you can get without actually saying it.

I just don't see them sacking Lambert at all.  The board must know that with the funding they are providing that there really is a limit to how successful this team can be. Untill that side of things have changed the fans will be unhappy regardless because it doesnt matter what manager they bring in, we'll still be shite.

Sending out the same statement calling for unity, which is almost word-for-word the same statement they sent out after the Bolton game under McLeish is stupidity of the highest order, and further proof after the Bennett Twitter chat that the PR side from the club is hilariously bad.  Lexicon's right though, this is as close to saying "stick with us until the end of the season, then he's toast" as you can get without actually saying it.

I don`t get that vibe, I am not so confident Lambert is getting sacked unless there is a major uproar. Maybe that is just me but the PR side is a disaster as always.

I missed the Bennett chat, what happened?

I missed the Bennett chat, what happened?

They had a twitter Q/A I think and he obviously was bombed with insults.

"Right now everyone connected with Villa is hurting badly.

"A win was in sight last night against Bolton after a strong start and the tenacity the team displayed, although ultimately we weren't able to hold on for the points.

"We very openly acknowledge the frustrations of Villa fans and share in them completely.

"What matters to us and the Board at this moment is how we, as a Club, handle adversity and the pressure it brings.

"Our horizon is the next three games and we continue to be in control of our own destiny.

"Young players side-by-side with more senior players are fighting hard for the Club.

"They are now preparing for West Brom followed by Spurs and Norwich.

"We will continue to support and rely on our manager and the squad and therefore give them our full support.

"We are totally conscious, as is everyone at the Club, that this is a very trying time for those who love Aston Villa.

"We know that the team will continue to fight through every minute of the remaining games and we hope Villa fans will continue to show their great support."

Thats from 2 years ago ...message very similar.I don't see Lambert staying in summer 

I agree. For Faulkner to come out with this means that change is forthcoming.

I see the board are shitting themselves 'again' obviously thinking the fans have turned. Lambert won't be here next season I think he knows that. Lerner may not be the best, but he is no mugg!

I'd say he is judging by the fact he is prepared to gamble on our premier league status by not investing in the playing side.

Sad fact that we are in nearly the exact same position like we were two years ago. If things don't change at the board level then we can only hope that we are still in the premier league in another two years. 

I agree. For Faulkner to come out with this means that change is forthcoming.

Indeed but I don't think it will be either of the changes people are speculating about...

I too doubt the owner is leaving, I think it is more likely Lambert will go. I'm confident we won't be changing division.....

I'd love to know what influence Faulkner really has at the club. One thing is for sure, it's all gone wrong since he has been the CEO.

Things haven't been too bad this season until this last month, really. 

I'd love to know what influence Faulkner really has at the club. One thing is for sure, it's all gone wrong since he has been the CEO.

I don't think he means just this run of results, but the whole last four years or so.  O'Neill flouncing out a few days before the new season, then selling all of our best players, having a succession of poor managers, only buying bargain bin players, making a succession of bis losses, that sort of thing.

Edited by Risso

True, it's been torrid at times but things were generally looking up this season with regards to that as I think and hope that Faulkner had learnt from his mistakes. This last month has been one of the worst in ages but that's really not down to Faulkner.

True, it's been torrid at times but things were generally looking up this season with regards to that as I think and hope that Faulkner had learnt from his mistakes. This last month has been one of the worst in ages but that's really not down to Faulkner.

It partly is.  It's the chickens coming home to roost in terms of the overall squad strength, of which he obviously plays a part.  The writing was on the wall for another bad season in January, and yet again we chose not to strengthen.  True, we hadn't been TOO troubled by thoughts of relegation, but the results and the style of play were still mostly rubbish.

I don't think he means just this run of results, but the whole last four years or so.  O'Neill flouncing out a few days before the new season, then selling all of our best players, having a succession of poor managers, only buying bargain bin players, making a succession of bis losses, that sort of thing.

He should go and work for one of the banks? He'd have got a big bonus for performance like that!

• Like 1

Lambert won't be leaving and there' nothing on PF's statement to suggest he will, but PF is right we need to stick together and all of us who love the villa and are able to go on Saturday have to give total support during the game, even if it' going badly because turning on them will not end welli

I'm am still reluctant to lump Faulkner in with Lerner and Lambert in terms of allocation of blame. I think it is highly debatable how much autonomy he actually has. I think we all know that the budget limitations are on orders of Lerner and so are managerial appointments probably.

Edited by Isa

I don't think he means just this run of results, but the whole last four years or so. O'Neill flouncing out a few days before the new season, then selling all of our best players, having a succession of poor managers, only buying bargain bin players, making a succession of bis losses, that sort of thing.
That's what I meant. Faulkner could well be a yes man, but surely part of the blame lies at the CEO's door. Especially some of the baffling decisions of the last four years or so.

Â