Paul Faulkner

smetrov

Did he pull that statement from the archives 2 years ago and cut and pasted it and changed the date.

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

I agree. For Faulkner to come out with this means that change is forthcoming.

Indeed but I don't think it will be either of the changes people are speculating about...

If not a new owner/manager, what chances are you expecting/hoping for?

I guessed Trent's post as Faulkner going full time to FA and a new Chief Exec coming in.

Indeed but I don't think it will be either of the changes people are speculating about...

I guessed Trent's post as Faulkner going full time to FA and a new Chief Exec coming in.

Apparently Nicola Cortese was spotted in a local Tesco's earlier today.

It is not good enough. Wishy-washy, semi-insulting PR painting supporters of this club is not good enough, even if the intention was the opposite. 

Completely agree that it is insulting. No doubt it took them about five minutes to type out.

I just think they got an unpaid intern to find a copy of the message that was sent out 2 years ago and changed a few words and phrases around. Desperate stuff and has completely failed to achieve what it set out to do. If anything this could make the atmosphere worse on saturday, Faulkner thinks we are a bunch of mugs.

We will go down next season IMO, certainly more likely than any other.

Dark days.

I've read this a few times today.  Can I just point out that this season aint over yet

Yeah we are not safe at all this season considering the state this club is in

Apparently Nicola Cortese was spotted in a local Tesco's earlier today.

You're joking of course - but I would be highly supportive of such a move - someone to make things happen not just a bean counter

I think he's a gonna chaps at the end of the season. You say the PR is amateur, well I agree and I reckon they think sacking Lambert is what we all want. Its a bit of a get out clause for the board to make us believe Lambert is the main problem. No mention of Lambert in the statement, not even a quote to back the manager, bit of a worry that, a bit McLeish de-ja-vu, an we all know how that story ended???

• Like 1

I think he's a gonna chaps at the end of the season. You say the PR is amateur, well I agree and I reckon they think sacking Lambert is what we all want. Its a bit of a get out clause for the board to make us believe Lambert is the main problem. No mention of Lambert in the statement, not even a quote to back the manager, bit of a worry that, a bit McLeish de-ja-vu, an we all know how that story ended???

Lambert is the main problem as to why we are not slumming around mid-table on 40-45 points.

The problem of ambition and taking the club forward to a scent of success and competitiveness lies a bit higher up.

Unfortunately, depending upon people's preferences, they tend to use the one as an excuse for the other.

Edited by thetrees
  • Like 2

Its just interesting for me how some of the successful managers of the past had poor chairmen....didn't really stop them from achieving some semblance of success.

God almighty....Ron Bendall anybody.

• Like 1

Its just interesting for me how some of the successful managers of the past had poor chairmen....didn't really stop them from achieving some semblance of success.

We won the league and European cup under Bendall , so in what way was he a poor chairman?

We won the league and European cup under Bendall , so in what way was he a poor chairman?

exactly,........ so do you think it was down to him then, that won it?

exactly,........ so do you think it was down to him then, that won it?

He appointed Saunders and Barton who achieved a " semblance of success"!!!!!

What worries me is that in some ways its a win-win situation for the board.

If Lambert continues to do badly and is sacked, I'm sure we'll then hear about how the new managers job is going to be tough at first, as we head into another season of transition. There will be all sorts of talk of "the project" and "the future" but the reality will be, as it is now (IMO), the board have no plans to heavily invest in the squad, with or without the scapegoated big wage earners. It's bad. 

Lerner would be an absolute mug to trust Lambert with any more money.  The problem is, he's demonstrated on enough occasions that he is an absolute mug, so he may jdo just that.

Sacking Lambert is what we all want, it's just some fans haven't realised it yet? :P

Lerner would be an absolute mug to trust Lambert with any more money.  The problem is, he's demonstrated on enough occasions that he is an absolute mug, so he may jdo just that.

Why? Spending money has been Lambert's strongest suit. Guzan, Vlaar, Okore (probably), Lowton, Westwood, Bacuna, Benteke, Kozak. These have been decent, good or very good signings. The only total duds have been Bennett, Luna, Tonev and Bowery, and these have cost, what, £5-6m in total? Lambert has added a lot of value to the squad in comparison with what he has spent.

Lerner would be much more of a mug not to trust him with more money, because it would imperil our league status. He'd be a mug too to just chance it on someone else and hope for the best. We can't do another 'season of transition' because there's every chance it will be a transition to the Championship.

Â