Paul Faulkner

smetrov

Which football man would people like on the board?

Somebody like Bruce Langham, Michael Cunnah or Richard FitzGerald would be absolutely ideal.

Wasn't Langham part of the group who tried to buy the club pre Lerner? What are the experiences of the others as I haven't heard of them?

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bruce-langham/75/886/8a4

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=12343845&locale=en_US&trk=tyah2&trkInfo=tas%3Amichael%20cunnah%2Cidx%3A1-1-1

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=1425738&locale=en_US&trk=tyah2&trkInfo=tas%3Arichard%20fitzgerald%2Cidx%3A2-1-2

Paul Faulkner was originally Randy Lerner's personal assistant at MBNA. PA's do what they're told, they don't make their own decisions and they carry out their bosses instructions to the letter.

Imo we don't have a CEO at AVFC, we have Randy and his personal assistant.

• Like 1

Paul Faulkner was originally Randy Lerner's personal assistant at MBNA. PA's do what they're told, they don't make their own decisions and they carry out their bosses instructions to the letter.

Yes i’m sure thats right and you know exactly what he does in his job and how he does it.

In other news, i stubbed my toe.... its Faulkner’s fault. Bastard.

Yes i’m sure thats right and you know exactly what he does in his job and how he does it.

Sarcasm? If Faulkner was coming up with the ideas and making the decisions as CEO, he would have been sacked by now don't you think?  

Your defence of Faulkner is very convincing, such a brilliant argument. I can now see he is such a great person.

Im sure I read that either Langham or Fitzgerald(maybe both) fell out with MON and thats why they left

Because the Manager at the time believed he was bigger and knew more than people who were top of their field. They had to go. Fitzgerald was so poor he went to Man City!

Wayne Rooney used to be a paper boy for his Uncle's newsagents in Liverpool. Manure are paying £300k a week to a paper boy.

Perhaps a bit of an extreme comparison there old Treesy boy, but in principle it's conceivable he's grown into his role.

As we don't know what his remit is, or what duties he performs on a day to day basis it's impossible for any of us to judge him.  One thing we do know is that he's responsible for the execution of the massive clean-up operation currently being undertaken.  We don't know whether it's his own plan or he's the one carrying it out.  We only know that it's someone else's mess he's dealing with.

My talk of the likes of Cunnah, FitzGerald and, in particular, Cook is more driven from wanting to point out the kind of people we needed to have on-board long term from the outset.  We may have capitalised more on Randy's initial enthusiasm with better guidance at the time.  Instead we lurched from one CEO to another before Randy plumped for someone he had faith in to mop up all the shit.

Edited by NurembergVillan

It seems to me that many people don't like Faulkner because he got rid of O'Neill.

I have to confess that, on the face of it, I don't like him too much.

The one thing that I do like him for though is that he was the one who got rid of O'Neill

• Like 4

It seems to me that many people don't like Faulkner because he got rid of O'Neill.

I have to confess that, on the face of it, I don't like him too much.

The one thing that I do like him for though is that he was the one who got rid of O'Neill

eh?

O'Neill walked of his own volition

if Faulkner DID push him, then he picked fcuking stupid time to do it.

Â