Paul Faulkner

smetrov

Im sure I read that either Langham or Fitzgerald(maybe both) fell out with MON and thats why they left

In the case of Fitzgerald most definately the case.

Fitzgeralds comments to the press of intending to bring in world class players ....kinda did it I think.

Knighton appeared on the pitch at Old Trafford before a game dressed in a full Manchester United football kit to publicise the takeover. Famously, he showed off his football skills by completing a long series of skilful "keepie ups"

He didn't invent the bicycle kick though by our illustrious leader of old.

we are Aston Villa the first at everything

Edited by TRO

It seems to me that many people don't like Faulkner because he got rid of O'Neill.

I have to confess that, on the face of it, I don't like him too much.

The one thing that I do like him for though is that he was the one who got rid of O'Neill

O'Neill walked of his own volition

.....after he was refused funds to buy another batch load of shite, he was told to trade out of them.....its called times up.

he's in the perfect job now,where he hasn't got to buy anybody.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Faulkner is nothing but a yes man with no football knowledge. He's doing a 'great' job in the eyes of the man that matters, but the reality is that if we were to go anywhere we'd need a proper CEO in place and not someone who is here only because he was an account manager at MBNA.

• Like 3

It seems to me that many people don't like Faulkner because he got rid of O'Neill.

I have to confess that, on the face of it, I don't like him too much.

The one thing that I do like him for though is that he was the one who got rid of O'Neill

2+2 = 67

• Like 1

Well it all seems to have gone to pot on the pitch since Faulkner has arrived as CEO (or given that title). Am I blaming him? Well I would if I had any idea what influence he has at the club.

He's a weird choice, other than being a firm yes man for Lerner.

A quick background check shows he graduated university in 2000, occupied what appears to be a middle management (ish) position at MBNA, before being recruited as COO and then promoted as CEO at Villa.

He strikes me as someone completely lacking of experience, let alone in football, to be a CEO of a club our size.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

• 2 weeks later...

Rumours of us cutting a deal with Sony to become a sponsor. Good work if so PF!

Well if there is a deal with Sony we would need to know the value of it before we could herald it good work surely?

I think Sony's international brand power alone outweighs any short term financial benefit, especially if we are trying to push ourselves out in Asia.

No idea, somebody on another Villa forum said he works as a Sony ambassador at a company but he is unsure of the type of sponsorship exactly. There is also now a screenshot of some Sony app that mentions something, but again I'm not 100% sure. Just a rumour for now.

• Like 1

No idea, somebody on another Villa forum said he works as a Sony ambassador at a company but he is unsure of the type of sponsorship exactly. There is also now a screenshot of some Sony app that mentions something, but again I'm not 100% sure. Just a rumour for now.

That would be a great brand to be involved with - cheers for the info.

What forum was this mate?

What forum was this mate?

http://www.avillafan.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11832

A link there, although if this isn't allowed then feel free to delete it mods. The guy has 4000 posts so it would seem odd to make crap up all of a sudden.

And the apparent screenshot from the Sony Ambassador app:

BisOUepCAAAkDF7.jpg

I remember reading somewhere about Japanese delegates at Villa Park a while back, maybe Sony?

It'd likely be Sony UK guys rather than Japanese guys - they run pretty independently in each territory

Â