Leicester City

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes its an amazing turnaround. Saturday Man City didnt even break sweat to beat them. Just because its a little team doing it people have to search for reasons why its happening. Sherwood tried to bring that intensity into our training last season but our players wern't up to it, Maybe its down to signing the right players that can train and play that way. 

Not a chance. Our fitness levels were a joke even in November and Garde tried to improve that with Duverne but the players weren't up for it.

• Like 1

By all accounts our pre-season training, particularly the fitness part, was an absolute joke. If Sherwood tried to instil that sort of training he massively **** it up (although to be fair to him I don't think the fitness coach was his appointment).

Edited by Stevo985

54 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not a chance. Our fitness levels were a joke even in November and Garde tried to improve that with Duverne but the players weren't up for it.

I mentioned last season. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Leicester this season remind me of Villa 08/09 style and similarly lethal on the counter attack, Morgan and Huth =Laursen and Davies, Mahrez = Young, Vardy = Gabby(the old one) Drinkwater = Barry

Big differences is they have weaker competition, a better fitness coach, a lot less games and crucially didnt lose their captain in January :(

That and they've had a ton of luck with decisions.

And no Zatman, the fact that we got a bit of luck with Gestede's handball does not suddenly undo all the decisions they've had in their favour before you mention that.

Yes Leicester have got to where they are purely by luck and cheating. Why can't you just give them a little credit for what they have achieved? Do you just want the same old teams winning the league every year. 

Leicester striker Jamie Vardy has been charged with improper conduct following his red card against West Ham.

The England international was dismissed by referee Jonathan Moss for an alleged dive during the 2-2 draw.

Already on a booking, Vardy theatrically went to ground under a challenge from Angelo Ogbonna and was shown a second yellow card.

The decision sparked an angry response from Vardy who pointed his finger at Moss and appeared to swear at him as he refused to immediately leave the pitch.

The FA have confirmed Vardy has been charged for his behaviour with the striker now facing an extended ban.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-vardy-charged-improper-conduct-7782243

Wheyyyyy :D

Edited by StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes Leicester have got to where they are purely by luck and cheating. Why can't you just give them a little credit for what they have achieved? Do you just want the same old teams winning the league every year. 

I've watched a load of their games this year and watching Huth in particular get away with what would be classed as assault off the pitch game after game, not to mention the amount of handballs in the box they've got away with leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. No doubt they've had a great season but if they win the title it's just as much down to leniency and luck as merit imo.

• Like 1

They have 4 games left with an 8 point lead. Tottenham does have 1 game in hand, but I think Leicester just need to win 1 more match to officially win the title. They have Swansea, United, Everton, and Chelsea left. Swansea should be a win, and they will probably pick up a point or two off the other 3. That will be enough. 

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

They have 4 games left with an 8 point lead. Tottenham does have 1 game in hand, but I think Leicester just need to win 1 more match to officially win the title. They have Swansea, United, Everton, and Chelsea left. Swansea should be a win, and they will probably pick up a point or two off the other 3. That will be enough. 

Lets see how Spurs go tonight. I think anything other than a spurs win and its Leicester's title. Yes I agree Swansea they should beat but Vardy is so key to the way Leicester play and Mahrez has gone off the boil the last couple of games, they really need him to get back to his best. 

42 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Lets see how Spurs go tonight. I think anything other than a spurs win and its Leicester's title. Yes I agree Swansea they should beat but Vardy is so key to the way Leicester play and Mahrez has gone off the boil the last couple of games, they really need him to get back to his best. 

Vardy is obviously crucial to Leicester, but I think Okazaki and Ulloa can get the job done for the swansea match. Vardy will only likely be suspended till the Everton match. 

We used to get a ridiculous amount of penalties under MON.

It's not rocket science, if you run at players with pace they will lunge at you and penalties can be won.

That's one reason we should've used Adama far more, he could've won us some cheap goals from penalties and set pieces. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Vardy's hardly missed a game this season but they did play a cup tie away to Spurs without him. 2-2 and were only a few minutes away from winning that at the 2nd strongest team in the prem this season. Dimmi Gray had a very good game that day so they could bring him in and have pace either side of the main forward.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We used to get a ridiculous amount of penalties under MON.

It's not rocket science, if you run at players with pace they will lunge at you and penalties can be won.

That's one reason we should've used Adama far more, he could've won us some cheap goals from penalties and set pieces. 

Ashley Young won us a ton of penalties back in the day

I think they could be in trouble. Could easily see them losing to any of Everton (unless it's at Goodison!) United or Chelsea. I know they have a four point cushion but they can only really afford to lose once. 

Ulloa is alright, but he's not even close to replacing Vardy, he's not got close to that sort of running in him. 

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think they could be in trouble. Could easily see them losing to any of Everton (unless it's at Goodison!) United or Chelsea. I know they have a four point cushion but they can only really afford to lose once. 

Ulloa is alright, but he's not even close to replacing Vardy, he's not got close to that sort of running in him. 

Five ;)

Â