Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Very harsh on a man who has worked so hard to get where he is today. Playing part time a few years back and working in factory. Wish our players had this guys attitude.

Racist rat boy can go PR back outside veronicas!

1 hour ago, villanwesty88 said:

How dare they clap and cheer! 

Would rather we had some "rat boys" who would work hard for us. We've got a bunch of millionaires who don't give a crap. Hats off to Leicester and Vardy and I hope they win it. Two fingers up to the Premier League billions. 

Maybe you should start selling some happy clappers next to H&V Dave next season :crylaugh:

Im just fed up of this fairytale narrative when they've done it on the back of generous reffing all season and the face of the 'fairytale' is a racist thug who throws himself on the ground if he gets the slightest of nudges.

The only person I'm happy for is Marc.

• Like 3

Say Spurs get 4 wins (Stoke, Baggies, Southampton, Newcastle) and a draw (Chelsea), it gives them 78. Leicester need 6 points from Swansea, Utd, Everton, Chelsea. I take back what I said, they might lose it on goal difference.

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Im just fed up of this fairytale narrative when they've done it on the back of generous reffing all season and the face of the 'fairytale' is a racist thug who throws himself on the ground if he gets the slightest of nudges.

The only person I'm happy for is Marc.

So he is judged for one thing for his whole life, I think that is nonsense and yes I would so much rather a big London club win the league.

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

So he is judged for one thing for his whole life, I think that is nonsense 

So much wrong with this statement. 

To even consider saying something like that out loud you need to at least have the thoughts. 

He is a racist. Just because it was one incident doesn't make that false. 

'He shouldn't be judged on one incident' :D

what a ridiculous way of thinking. I'm going to go and call a black person the n word tomorrow and itll be ok by that logic because it'll be the only time I've done it. 

I hate Vardy, but he's hardly up there in the racist stakes. He's a pretty benign racist if there ever was one and it was not an event I particularly care about, but if people want to keep bringing it up then it's there prerogative. This of course the age of social media where all past indiscretions cannot be forgotten and faux outrage must continually be expressed.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

I hate Vardy myself but dont think my hatred towards him should take away what a brilliant achievement Leicester winning the league would be. Ranieri managed some of biggest clubs in world and never won a league. Players like Huth, Schmeichel, Albrighton, Drinkwater among others not wanted by perceived better clubs and having great seasons and also players like Vardy, Kante, Mahrez also plucked from obscurity to shine in a league filled with money

I just can't forget how weird it looks every time I see them playing how they're first to every ball and every player seems to be able to carry on running further and faster than the opposition. It's either an incredible new training regime or something else. The last time something looked weird like that was when certain cyclists were just too good compared to everyone else.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I just can't forget how weird it looks every time I see them playing how they're first to every ball and every player seems to be able to carry on running further and faster than the opposition. It's either an incredible new training regime or something else. The last time something looked weird like that was when certain cyclists were just too good compared to everyone else.

It's called 'EPO'.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

20 minutes ago, darrenm said:

The former as they would have been found out if its the other

The FA conducts drug testing both in competition (post match) and out of competition (at training sessions and player’s home addresses). Players can be selected for a drug test in either a random or a targeted basis.

The FA seeks to use all intelligence and research available to identify the areas of highest doping risk and tailors its testing programme accordingly.

Players are tested for the prohibited substances contained within The FA’s Anti-Doping Regulations. The FA conducts drug tests on players via the collection of blood and urine samples. All tests are collected by Doping Control Officers (DCO) and Chaperones, who are accredited to World Anti Doping Code (WADC) standards.

They are assisted by a Football Association Supervising Officer (FASO) who acts as a facilitator for all involved in the testing process. Samples collected under The FA Anti-Doping Programme are only ever analysed at WADA-accredited laboratories. This ensures that players and The FA can have full confidence in the accuracy of a test result.  
Read more at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/more/anti-doping/testing-programme#W2LquidRVjYZEG54.99

Fair play to them then. They've managed to find a training regime that makes their players quicker, stronger, more alert and with greater endurance than their peers. I suspect their trainers and techniques will be worth a fortune after this season.

I still find it difficult to believe that if there is institutionalised doping that there hasn't been a whistleblower yet.  Businesses with as many employees as football clubs will always have someone who isn't happy there.  

Â