Leicester City

Villan4Life

44 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I still find it difficult to believe that if there is institutionalised doping that there hasn't been a whistleblower yet.  Businesses with as many employees as football clubs will always have someone who isn't happy there.  

It just doesn't stand up to any kind of scrutiny if we're talking about in on a club level rather than an individual one.

At some point, the club's players, coaches, physiotherapists, doctors, nutritionists and senior management will all, en masse, without any dissent from any party have agreed that all the players are to undergo mutual doping. 

And nobody, not a former player (like let's say if we're throwing these accusations at Leicester, the ones they sacked last season), former manager (like the one they sacked last season), potential transfer target or agent who presumably would have to be amenable to this before signing (as surely you couldn't sign somebody who wasn't given the risk that he might be against it and just reveal the whole thing) has decided to make a lot of money by revealing it. 

It's complete nonsense. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

It just doesn't stand up to any kind of scrutiny if we're talking about in on a club level rather than an individual one.

At some point, the club's players, coaches, physiotherapists, doctors, nutritionists and senior management will all, en masse, without any dissent from any party have agreed that all the players are to undergo mutual doping. 

And nobody, not a former player (like let's say if we're throwing these accusations at Leicester, the ones they sacked last season), former manager (like the one they sacked last season), potential transfer target or agent who presumably would have to be amenable to this before signing (as surely you couldn't sign somebody who wasn't given the risk that he might be against it and just reveal the whole thing) has decided to make a lot of money by revealing it. 

It's complete nonsense. 

The wider club may not be aware of an issue. 

When the Essendon Australian Rules football team undertook a systematic doping program the team doctor was giving the players 'vitamin supplements'. Even the players didn't know that what they were taking was banned, it wasn't until they failed drug tests that the clubs doping program came to light. 

Most professional athletes inject legal vitamin supplements. It would not be hard for the club to mix in a few extras if they thought they could get away with it. If football clubs are able to get away with lax testing that sort of program could remain hidden.    

Edited by LondonLax

Once you see the lengths the cyclists went to covering it up, nothing would surprise me. And the rewards are much greater in football. I think it'd be fairly easy to get away with it for a short while and keep it away from almost all of the staff at the club. And we're not really talking institutionalised doping, just a single club with a small group of players. Similar to a cycling team. Private appointments with the club doctor is all it would take. But yes, I agree, getting around testing would be difficult. But the cyclists managed it and they were tested directly before and after races.

• Like 1

No chance, if Vardy gets more than a one match ban that could cost Leicester the title. He's their most important player. They could even get by without Mahrez or Kante but they have no replacement for Vardy.

Edited by PaulC

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Leicester were doping, but why would they suddenly start this season?

It could explain the turnaround at the end of last season which is worth a huge amount of money.  It's why I'd be a bit wary of appointing Pearson right now, in case some shit hits the fan.  That said I hope it's nothing to do with doping as it's a great story if they win.

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

No chance, if Vardy gets more than a one match ban that could cost Leicester the title. He's their most important player. They could even get by without Mahrez or Kante but they have no replacement for Vardy.

Really? Maybe I don't pay much attention to Leicester but I would've thought Kante and Mahrez were more important.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It could explain the turnaround at the end of last season which is worth a huge amount of money.  It's why I'd be a bit wary of appointing Pearson right now, in case some shit hits the fan.  That said I hope it's nothing to do with doping as it's a great story if they win.

I don't think their turnaround was too suspicious. Their performance this season though has been a bit fishy.

3 hours ago, darrenm said:

I just can't forget how weird it looks every time I see them playing how they're first to every ball and every player seems to be able to carry on running further and faster than the opposition. It's either an incredible new training regime or something else. The last time something looked weird like that was when certain cyclists were just too good compared to everyone else.

First to every ball maybe, running further no. I do believe they are doping but not by running further than anyone else would be too obvious....there are stats out there on fastest speed reached and Leicester players dominate the top 10/20 (think out of 300-400 Premier League players used in total) which is what makes me believe something isn't right especially as Wes Morgan is up there. 

You could argue they just conserve energy then go into Usain Bolt mode...but one things for sure, their players are running at peak top speeds they haven't before, and they are doing it collectively.

5 in the top 10 here!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-leagues-10-fastest-players-6649841

Edited by supernova26

38 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Really? Maybe I don't pay much attention to Leicester but I would've thought Kante and Mahrez were more important.

I don't think their turnaround was too suspicious. Their performance this season though has been a bit fishy.

I just don't get why people have to cast aspersions on a team or individual just because they are doing well. If its proven fine but to spread rumours like that is plain wrong. They have done without Kante and won before. Yes he's key and so is Mahrez but Vardy is irreplaceable. 

40 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I just don't get why people have to cast aspersions on a team or individual just because they are doing well. If its proven fine but to spread rumours like that is plain wrong. They have done without Kante and won before. Yes he's key and so is Mahrez but Vardy is irreplaceable. 

It's not like people have just plucked this doping stuff from thin air. I'm not saying I believe it but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me either.

I just find it funny that when little Leicester have a chance to win the league allegations of doping and dodgy refereeing come to the fore but not about other teams. Surely Chelsea winning league with ease and then finishing mid-table next season should prompt similar allegations, when a player like Hazard goes from looking world class then to a Scott Sinclair clone in a short period of time

• Like 2

I didn't even know about any allegations. For me it was just when watching them there was a sense of 'what's going on here?' when it didn't look natural how much faster and sharper they were than the opposition. Now I've just had a random Google to see if anyone else has thought the same I'm shocked there's actual allegations in papers with a doctor saying he supplied epo to Leicester, Chelsea and arsenal players.

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist but I'm pretty convinced there's something going on here. There's just too much smoke.

I wouldn't be massively surprised if Leicester's players were doping. I would be massively surprised if only Leicester's players were doping - if they were the only ones at the start of the season, they'd be one of twenty teams by the end of October if they were winning. 

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Surely Chelsea winning league with ease and then finishing mid-table next season should prompt similar allegations, when a player like Hazard goes from looking world class then to a Scott Sinclair clone in a short period of time

They fell out with Mourinho :lol:

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

two yellows, he's surely not getting any games added on?

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I just find it funny that when little Leicester have a chance to win the league allegations of doping and dodgy refereeing come to the fore but not about other teams. Surely Chelsea winning league with ease and then finishing mid-table next season should prompt similar allegations, when a player like Hazard goes from looking world class then to a Scott Sinclair clone in a short period of time

Yes its an amazing turnaround. Saturday Man City didnt even break sweat to beat them. Just because its a little team doing it people have to search for reasons why its happening. Sherwood tried to bring that intensity into our training last season but our players wern't up to it, Maybe its down to signing the right players that can train and play that way. 

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Apparently he had some choice words for the ref on his way off the field. 

Yes, Costa got an extra game added on following his recent 2 yellow card sending off for the same offense. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes its an amazing turnaround. Saturday Man City didnt even break sweat to beat them. Just because its a little team doing it people have to search for reasons why its happening. Sherwood tried to bring that intensity into our training last season but our players wern't up to it, Maybe its down to signing the right players that can train and play that way. 

Whatever training method Leicester are using I think it's pretty obvious Sherwood made no attempt to implement it. The fitness levels at Villa have been diabolical for the entire season.

Leicester this season remind me of Villa 08/09 style and similarly lethal on the counter attack, Morgan and Huth =Laursen and Davies, Mahrez = Young, Vardy = Gabby(the old one) Drinkwater = Barry

Big differences is they have weaker competition, a better fitness coach, a lot less games and crucially didnt lose their captain in January :(

Â