Leicester City

Villan4Life

On 22/01/2017 at 21:08, Demitri_C said:

Worst defending champions on history. Would be hilarous if they got relegated

Bet vardy regretting he rejected arsenal now..

Chelsea's title defence last season was comfortably worse in terms of resources, talent etc.

Leicester's title win was a huge fluke and will live long in the memory, but their side is basically mid-to-bottom PL (possibly not now?).

Rumours that Ranieri has lost the Leicester dressing room. No suprise really, I suspect he didn't do alot last season and the momentum of the season kept them going. Now that he has to do some real management he's failing because he's a poor manager.

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Rumours that Ranieri has lost the Leicester dressing room. No suprise really, I suspect he didn't do alot last season and the momentum of the season kept them going. Now that he has to do some real management he's failing because he's a poor manager.

I don't think you can say someone who has won the league with Leicester is a poor manager.

Leicester are mostly failing because they overachieved hugely last season. 

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

I don't think you can say someone who has won the league with Leicester is a poor manager.

Leicester are mostly failing because they overachieved hugely last season. 

It's also a case study in motivation.  Psychologically it's one large part of why retaining a title can be more difficult than winning it first time around.  There are many other factors - like you becoming a scalp etc - but it plays a massive part.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Not at all, this is definitely on the players. Last season they were running through brick walls for each other, now they don't give a shit. The effort against Southampton was as bad as we saw at Villa last season.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I can't agree with you about Ranieri. Would they have won it if Pearson had remained manager. I very much doubt it!

• Like 1

Leicesters biggest issue is a lot of the players bought into their own hype and they're just not good enough.

The calibre of player that normally lifts that title does not exist in Leicesters line-up. Now I don't know what happened last season, but that magic certainly isn't with them now. 

Kante has definitely been a huge miss. I think Morgan and Huth are being found out this season for their lack of pace. I also think they lack creativity. they were just hoofing long balls up to Vardy all last night. Mahrez hasn't had the assists. Allbrighton is very predictable. Its hard to judge whether Vardy's form has slipped. He's played well fro England. I don't think he is getting any service at all.

5 hours ago, Daweii said:

Leicesters biggest issue is a lot of the players bought into their own hype and they're just not good enough.

The calibre of player that normally lifts that title does not exist in Leicesters line-up. Now I don't know what happened last season, but that magic certainly isn't with them now. 

They were over performing  last season and the main clubs were massively underperforming. They deserved it last season and the work rate was superb. Within 5 years maybe less they will be relegated. they have no fight to defend the title but they are doing well in the champions league which I thought would happen tbf. 

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

Kante has definitely been a huge miss. I think Morgan and Huth are being found out this season for their lack of pace. I also think they lack creativity. they were just hoofing long balls up to Vardy all last night. Mahrez hasn't had the assists. Allbrighton is very predictable. Its hard to judge whether Vardy's form has slipped. He's played well fro England. I don't think he is getting any service at all.

Vardys form has slipped, it did near the end of last season and he was a flash in the pan player but a very big pan. Kante was the best player Leicester City have ever had its that simple but no excuse for rest of players resting on their laurels

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Vardys form has slipped, it did near the end of last season and he was a flash in the pan player but a very big pan. Kante was the best player Leicester City have ever had its that simple but no excuse for rest of players resting on their laurels

He's pretty much back to the player he was in 2014-2015, that season IMO was the true reflection of his ability, last season was a total fluke that will never be repeated again. 

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Well its hard to keep scoring every game. I honestly believe his form is largely down to Mahrez who is  shadow of the player he was last season. As good as Kante was Mahrez was the star.

Bit of a sweeping statement to say Kante is the best player they have ever had. Linekar started his career at Leicester, Worthington is a legend there. Banks and Shilton, the two greatest English keepers of all time.

Edited by PaulC

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Bit of a sweeping statement to say Kante is the best player they have ever had. Linekar started his career at Leicester, Worthington is a legend there. Banks and Shilton, the two greatest English keepers of all time.

Is it though? he inspired them to their only league title carrying some duds like Simpson and Morgan along the way. He leaves and these players are exposed and in a relegation battle.  no surprise his new team Chelsea are strolling to the title

On 1/25/2017 at 15:57, PaulC said:

I can't agree with you about Ranieri. Would they have won it if Pearson had remained manager. I very much doubt it!

What Ranieri did was brilliantly keep the momentum of Pearson's run the previous season going. 

His transfer dealing this summer were appalling. The energy of the team has now gone

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Is it though? he inspired them to their only league title carrying some duds like Simpson and Morgan along the way. He leaves and these players are exposed and in a relegation battle.  no surprise his new team Chelsea are strolling to the title

Yes it would be interesting to see whether Chelsea would maintain their form if Kante got injured

Â