Leicester City

Villan4Life

58 minutes ago, andym said:

No surprise Huth and Morgan have reverted back to being shit now they aren't allowed to get away with playing rugby every game. 

Maybe their 'diet' has changed as well.

Wouldn't surprise me. 

But beyond that it's a case of most of them reverting to type, players like Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Vardy, Simpson and Drinkwater are average to shit players and are showing their true colours. Mahrez does have genuine quality but has been found out and is not good enough to adapt to how defenders are treating him this season. Kante was indeed the best of the lot, I said in the summer that of all their 'stars' he was their most important player and the only one with a legit claim to being among the best in the world in his position. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/110545-ranieri-out/

"He had to go. How has we become one of the worst teams in the league so quickly. "

These forums are unbelievable. So what if they get relegated the fans have something to remember for the rest of their lives and they are in the last 16 of the champions league. Would they swap last season for survival this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

These forums are unbelievable. So what if they get relegated the fans have something to remember for the rest of their lives and they are in the last 16 of the champions league. Would they swap last season for survival this season.

...because it's extremely embarrassing to go from champions to the championship in a season.

26 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

...because it's extremely embarrassing to go from champions to the championship in a season.

Anybody who would let the embarrassment of that, be more to them than the joy of winning the title, is missing the point of being a football fan. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It is, but I bet 99% of Leicester fans would have taken that if offered it last season.

I would.

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It is, but I bet 99% of Leicester fans would have taken that if offered it last season.

I would.

I agree with the sentiment and when the dust has settled (should they go down) Leicester fans may see it that way. However to go from Champions in one season to being relegated the next would be pretty unthinkable and ridiculous. Literally is as from one extreme to the other as it can possibly get. 

It'll be part of the story. When people discuss the title winning season they'll inevitably talk about the following season (should they be relegated). 

I dare say in years to come these two seasons will be seen as a quirky bit of footy trivia. It would probably be a common pub quiz question in 30 years time.

Last season before their title win, there was a fair bit of talk about Leicester and FFP rules-that they may be in trouble if they found themselves back in the Championship. Is that still the case?

Edited by Shropshire Lad

I think this season and last season are proof of just how big a factor mentality can be. Last season they over-achieved almost beyond comprehension, in part because they seemed to believe they couldn't be beat. I think all those comebacks at the start of the season (our shameful capitulation being a prime example) probably did them a lot of good. I don't actually think their squad was or is that good. Now they've won the league the hunger has probably gone. It probably explains why they've been doing so well in the CL because they haven't won that yet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think this season and last season are proof of just how big a factor mentality can be. Last season they over-achieved almost beyond comprehension, in part because they seemed to believe they couldn't be beat. I think all those comebacks at the start of the season (our shameful capitulation being a prime example) probably did them a lot of good. I don't actually think their squad was or is that good. Now they've won the league the hunger has probably gone. It probably explains why they've been doing so well in the CL because they haven't won that yet.

Yes with agree with that but they had the perfect group to qualify from. Now I believe the confidence is shot and they are playing a very good side in the last 16, I think their journey will end there.

• Like 1

I hope they stay up.

Absolute breath of fresh air not having Chelsea/Man City/Man Utd win the title for the 900th season in a row and to have that all "undone" by the media because of relegation would be pretty wank.

Plus Ranieri is an absolute hero.  A proper gentleman of the game and I always felt sorry for him being sacked at Chelsea after finishing 2nd.  He acts with dignity all the time on the touchline as well.

• Like 4

Not only that, they will be stiff completion next season for us. I like Ranieri, there's rumours that he has lost the dressing room though. It could be he's not the man to get them out of relegation. Question is do the board remain loyal because of what he did last season or do they get someone in who will be better suited to keep them up. I fear they will sack him and appoint Rowett.

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

1 point off relegation zone, their is a very good chance its happening

I'd be very very surprised. I think it will be between Sunderland hull Boro and Swansea. Leicester will pull through in next few weeks I feel

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd be very very surprised. I think it will be between Sunderland hull Boro and Swansea. Leicester will pull through in next few weeks I feel

people said the same thing for last 2 months, people said similar about Newcastle in the past

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Palace?!

They have the worst away games of all the teams down there (still got to go to Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and Liverpool) and are even worse at home than we were last season.

You're just ignoring the two worst in form teams. Likes of Hull and Swansea are playing like decent mid table teams atm. Momentum counts for a lot at this stage as we've seen in the past.

Â