Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I reckon one more free signing and one loan signing. I think we could see a few players go as well.

I think you couldbe right and im convinced start poorly with negative boring football and we will go down we have no ball retention and are a sitting duck letting teams pick us off. And lerner had been warned of this last few years. Even tho he couldnt give a monkeys bout spending relegation will mess his investment right up. Lerner the choice is yours

We could afford Hoolahan if we wanted him, we would not have been in for him in January otherwise.

'Could afford' is a relative measure, isn't it? Obviously we could, if we wanted to, and if they were actually prepared to negotiate a price. But I don't think for one minute our pot of gold is big enough to accommodate purchasing a 32-year old for £2m. It would take up too much of the total budget. 

Good players from good sides have signed for smaller teams than expected, in the past. I'm not saying that we will sign a player like Diego, I'm just saying it shouldn't be dismissed just because of how far we've fallen. If Lerner changed his transfer policy, or we got rid of Bent/ Given/ Hutton, and were able to offer their wages to someone else, it's not unthinkable for a team like us to pick up a good player.

Good players from good sides have signed for smaller teams than expected, in the past. I'm not saying that we will sign a player like Diego, I'm just saying it shouldn't be dismissed just because of how far we've fallen. If Lerner changed his transfer policy, or we got rid of Bent/ Given/ Hutton, and were able to offer their wages to someone else, it's not unthinkable for a team like us to pick up a good player.

He is not going to change the policy and nobody is going to take those donkeys off our books though.

Well I think how this usually works is that we whip ourselves up into a fever that it is going to be Fabregas and then Trent says "you are going to be dissapointed".

Then we gradually realise it is Bendtner, then a few people say all this ITK is bollocks and Trent only has a 39% hit rate.

And then it is Bendtner.

Edited by villaglint