Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I hope he does well but Joe flipping Cole.. Jesus Christ.

Finally get our number 10 ey, Kiyotake? Belhanda? Don't be silly.

Welcome Joe. I really do rate him technically, I hope technical ablility is enough for him to succeed.

Edited by samjp26

Christ, thats an absolute shocker. Of course I'll spend the coming weeks thinking it's 2005 and he's awesome but the reality is he's old, is exhausted after 15mins of games and hasn't done anything in this league for years and years. Awful.

Major concerns over his fitness.  I'm guessing we must be paying him and Senderos at least 30k p/w wages each.   Really would of preferred Hoolahan as he is hard working and has a good injury record but either Norwich won't deal with us or Randy won't stump up the fee...... meh.

Major concerns over his fitness.  I'm guessing we must be paying him and Senderos at least 30k p/w wages each.   Really would of preferred Hoolahan as he is hard working and has a good injury record but either Norwich won't deal with us or Randy won't stump up the fee...... meh.

Hoolahan would cost about £2m in fees apparently, I bet he is on about £30k p/w himself as well which on top of the fee for say 2 years, probably amounts to how much we'll spend altogether on both of these signings. 

Really scraping the barrel with Senderos and Joe Cole.

Not surprised though, this club is pretty awful at the moment.

For what it's worth I don't rate both, Joe Cole of 10 years ago sure but today? he couldn't get a contract at West Ham and i'm not buying this couldn't fit in excuse either.

For him last payday you would guess, fair enough can't blame him.

VT in writing off a player before he has even kicked a ball for the club shocker 

Nah, well not me personally, I won't write him off. However, it is a sign of the problems at our club right now, two free signings that aren't really inspiring at all. Just hope we get these takeover sorted.

VT in writing off a player before he has even kicked a ball for the club shocker

Nah, well not me personally, I won't write him off. However, it is a sign of the problems at our club right now, two free signings that aren't really inspiring at all. Just hope we get these takeover sorted.

Why would be making these signings now if we are going to get taken over? Let's say for example Larry Ellison rolls up next week after we have made the signings of Senderos and Cole on 2 year deals, where would the sense be in that. We are not going to get taken over.

He's not done anything in over half a decade. What is there to suggest anything else but him flopping? Chelsea saw he was finished, didnt renew his contract, Liverpool got rid as quick as they could on loan and then to West Ham, last season couldnt get in the West Ham team! Theres a theme here.

• Like 3

Hoolahan would cost about £2m in fees apparently, I bet he is on about £30k p/w himself as well which on top of the fee for say 2 years, probably amounts to how much we'll spend altogether on both of these signings. 

Yeah but I believe that Wes would offer a whole lot more on the pitch than Cole which is what it's all about for me.  I can see Cole being on the treatment table more than the pitch,  I also think he is too much of a luxury player for our team and can't see him tracking back much,  hopefully I'm wrong.