Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

2 million for Hooli?

Quick City, snatch their ruddy arms off!

Absolutely no chance, you won't be getting any more cash from us any time soon.

Good, he is where he belongs in the Championship!

£2m for a bench warmer in a Championship team? They are joking right?

Nah that's the criteria for a Jan loan signing.

Joe Cole, why not?

About as relevant as if someone had posted eight year-old videos of Robert Pires when we signed him.

The video was less about the goal and more about the commentary of "joe cole, why not?". 

In my view this would be a very average signing, it could work out it might not. I doubt he'll be offered too much or too long a contract (maybe 2 years like senderos) and I can see some of the younger players (grealish in particular) learning a lot from Cole. 

Yep, this is the one we'll see this week I think.

I actually don't think it is too bad a signing, same age as Hoolahan and if don't play him on the wing and ask him to run about a lot, he could do a job. Technically I think he is very good, obviously with age his legs aren't as good as they were but it could be interesting.

Edited by samjp26

The video was less about the goal and more about the commentary of "joe cole, why not?".

My bad. One of my occasional 'whoosh' moments ;)

Edited by Isa

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is interested in former England star Joe Cole.

The 32-year-old is a free agent following his release from West Ham, and Villa have joined the race to land the attacking midfielder.

Cole returned to Upton Park in June 2013, but made just 13 starts under Sam Allardyce leading to the Hammers manager's decision not to renew his contract.

But Lambert still feels Cole has a role to play in the Barclays Premier League and is keen to add the former Chelsea and Liverpool man to his ranks.

Cole suffered from a string of injuries last season, including hamstring and groin problems.

He has also been linked with a reunion with Harry Redknapp at newly-promoted Queens Park Rangers, while a move to Brighton had also been mooted.