Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

This summers going to end with someone (looking at you Gareth) having to make a "just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in" al Pacino gif, when we sign 3/4 megastars for £40m...

That would be great. Love your positivity

This summers going to end with someone (looking at you Gareth) having to make a "just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in" al Pacino gif, when we sign 3/4 megastars for £40m...

Double post

Edited by KJT123

I wonder what the policy is on our current players?

Delph has a year left on his deal, other clubs would be aware of that and they could potentially test the waters to see what would happen (wouldn't be top 4 imo)

Vlaar too I guess but probably less so.

Would be very surprised if we go through this summer without some speculation on two or three of our players.

ITK - double medical happening tonight at Villa Park. Michael Owen has just arrived.

We signed Michael Owen as our new physio??

Perhaps he has joined to look after some of the donkeys in our squad

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

To be honest if we pick up players like Cole and Senderos on free transfers and the a couple of higher quality loan players for the season to give us 12 months to find a buyer i don't think it's the end of the world. Obviously i want us to go out a spunk money all over the place on super signings but if we've got to wait for our takeover and this is how Lerner wants to play it i guess we've no choice.

To be honest if we pick up players like Cole and Senderos on free transfers and the a couple of higher quality loan players for the season to give us 12 months to find a buyer i don't think it's the end of the world. Obviously i want us to go out a spunk money all over the place on super signings but if we've got to wait for our takeover and this is how Lerner wants to play it i guess we've no choice.

Exactly. If he is allowed to use the bomb squad plus get Okore and Kozak fit then I actually feel quite comfortable. We still need to fill other holes in the squad though but at least we seem to be able to pay reasonably attractive wages.