Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Olympiakos agreed a fee of 6 million euros for Alfreð Finnbogason! which is around £4.8mil!

Has 59 in 70 at Heerenveen which is better than Bony' 46 in 65 in Holland.

We have been linked with him number times, these are type players we should be going for.

He isn't anything special to be honest, certainly not on par with quite a few of the previous Eredivisie top-scorers. Ultimately he's pretty lucky to play in a gung-ho team who get awarded penalties every other game.

I would've rathered someone like Castaignos who is infinitely more talented but it seems like Swansea are closing in on him. Not that I think a new striker should be high on our list of priorities right now anyway.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Any decent left backs available on a free?

Think that is the next position that needs looking at

Agreed

I think we were in for Colback to play at left back.. Jonathan Parr, Jordan Spence.. of course there is always the possible return of Liam Ridgewell who can play on either side if I remember correctly.

A few more surely are about, John Arne Riise is getting on a bit but he just left Fulham I think.

Agreed

I think we were in for Colback to play at left back.. Jonathan Parr, Jordan Spence.. of course there is always the possible return of Liam Ridgewell who can play on either side if I remember correctly.

A few more surely are about, John Arne Riise is getting on a bit but he just left Fulham I think.

Ridgewell can play LB or CB and he's awful at both-Bennett/ Luna or Clark/Baker are better than him.

Agreed

Ridgewell can play LB or CB and he's awful at both-Bennett/ Luna or Clark/Baker are better than him.

I'm just coming out with names of those who are available without a transfer fee. Can see us getting another loan in if we do get another left back, although if we go 3-5-2 we could keep Luna as he is good going forward, just poor with his defensive positioning (which could actually be fixed tbf).

Edited by samjp26

Olympiakos agreed a fee of 6 million euros for Alfreð Finnbogason! which is around £4.8mil!

Has 59 in 70 at Heerenveen which is better than Bony' 46 in 65 in Holland.

We have been linked with him number times, these are type players we should be going for.

He isn't anything special to be honest, certainly not on par with quite a few of the previous Eredivisie top-scorers. Ultimately he's pretty lucky to play in a gung-ho team who get awarded penalties every other game.

I would've rathered someone like Castaignos who is infinitely more talented but it seems like Swansea are closing in on him. Not that I think a new striker should be high on our list of priorities right now anyway.

A friend of mine is a Twente fan and is celebrating that they're selling Castaignos.

A friend of mine is a Twente fan and is celebrating that they're selling Castaignos.

Yeah, the opinion on him is mixed because he is still pretty raw but how I see it is that he is still only 21 and is very talented. He also mentally benefitted from his time at Inter. I have no doubt that he'll prove to be a smart investment by Swansea.

• Like 1

Yeah, the opinion on him is mixed because he is still pretty raw but how I see it is that he is still only 21 and is very talented. He also mentally benefitted from his time at Inter. I have no doubt that he'll prove to be a smart investment by Swansea.

I agree, very good physique for the Premier League as well with a good blend of stature/strength/speed, I'd have liked him as an understudy to Benteke before we inevitably lose him.

• Like 1

Agreed

Colback is off to Newcastle.

Agreed

A few more surely are about, John Arne Riise is getting on a bit but he just left Fulham I think.

Yup hence the 'were' in past tense. £50k a week better off spent elsewhere!

I know Parr was highly rated by some but there must be a reason Pulis first dropped him and then didn't extend his contract. To be honest, I hope we give Luna another try, he's basically good at most things except positioning, which you really would have thought could be corrected on the training pitch. However, I suspect that he was dropped so completely because we're planning to sell him (if anyone wants him). 

Agreed

A few more surely are about, John Arne Riise is getting on a bit but he just left Fulham I think.

Yup hence the 'were' in past tense. £50k a week better off spent elsewhere!

My bad. Obviously didn't read that properly.

I'm not even sure as i'd leave my job for the wages that Villa would likely offer, so i'm not surprised.

I'm aware Ferdinand is out of a job.

Edited by Shillzz

I'd imagine the offer for Ferdinand would have been as player/coach and would have allowed him his first steps into that side of the game. I get the feeling his career after playing will be outside of football though.

Worth a cheeky punt - if you don't ask, you don't get.

Edited by gums
  • Like 2