Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

ITK - double medical happening tonight at Villa Park. Michael Owen has just arrived.

We signed Michael Owen as our new physio??

He's here to replace that annoying fella off AVTV.

Edited by juteface

Lots of people said that Holt was too old, wouldn't last 30 minutes and wasn't even wanted by Wigan, but he did a job. He lasted full matches, he popped up with a goal, he helped us see out a few results and he really gave his all for Villa. Joe Cole may be a very similar signing, so don't write him off just yet. If he makes 10-20 appearances, pops up with a few assists/goals and can be an experienced head on the pitch and the training ground, then great, he'll have done his job.

Senderos, J Cole and possibly Bendtner?

We're building a poor mans version of the squad that got QPR relegated last 2 seasons ago.

Amazing if we should be willing to spend money on these part time players but not on Barry

You never know. An attacking midfielder and central defender signed (or as good as), maybe centre mid is the next on Lambert's list?.... Gareth Barry would come back to Villa, I'm fairly sure.

• Like 1

Last season around this time I was all excited about us signing players I'd never heard of. This season I'm all depressed about us signing players I have heard of.

Will hopefully have the opposite effect then in terms of results - those players we signed last year that we had never heard of should have stayed players that we had never heard of, imo. Minus Okore.

Edited by Tayls

Last season around this time I was all excited about us signing players I'd never heard of. This season I'm all depressed about us signing players I have heard of.

Will hopefully have the opposite effect then in terms of results - those players we signed last year that we had never heard of should have stayed players that we had never heard of, imo. Minus Okore.

Bacuna?

Bacuna?

.....and maybe Bacuna but he was awful on a lot of occasions.

Since it looks like we're dining from the leftovers menu this summer, who else do we think we'll go for? From the released list the ones that wouldn't surprise me (at least after the last week, I'd have been doubtful of any of them, as well as Senderos or Cole prior to that) could potentially include:

Marouane Chamakh

John Arne Riise

Matt Etherington

Andrea Dossena

Liam Ridgewell

Jack Collison

Note: This is not a want list, this is an "I wouldn't be surprised given the club right now" list

He's 34 in September, but yeah, I'd probably have him if we were desperately stuck. Which we are. I'd also maybe look at Collison if he wanted a reasonable wage (10-12k) and was happy with a 1 year contract with the option for a second remaining with us