Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

you dont play for so long at Man United and win what Ferdinand has won by being rubbish...

More than likely this was for a player coach role, as he wouldn't have the legs to play every game. but he is far from rubbish

Not really, that's just a wild assumption based on his age. 

is not a defender

...or a midfielder

I seem to remember him playing there against arsenal and scoring a blinder?

I think it was Tottenham, but he may have scored against Arsenal as well. Clark did well in the DM role.

is not a defender

...or a midfielder

I think it was Tottenham, but he may have scored against Arsenal as well. Clark did well in the DM role.

It was Arsenal. Scored 2 in fact.

twice as injury prone than Okore.

Is okore injury prone?

No, but this is VT where hyperbole is king and one bad injury suddenly makes you injury-prone.

is not a defender

...or a midfielder

Ciaran Clark started life playing as a CM - a position to which i think is he much better suited as his tackling is atrocious.

He's a decent passer of the ball though so p think CM is where we should put him.

Edited by flashingqwerty

you dont play for so long at Man United and win what Ferdinand has won by being rubbish...

More than likely this was for a player coach role, as he wouldn't have the legs to play every game. but he is far from rubbish

Not really, that's just a wild assumption based on his age. 

No its based on the 3 or 4 media stories of him having received similar offers from other clubs

No you don't play for so long at Utd if you're rubbish, that's why he moved there 12 years ago for £30m, but that was 12 years ago. Ferdinand is now 35, slow, injury prone and no where near as good as he was. Just because Ferdinand was a top, top defender, doesn't mean he is now. I'd rather Senderos now, who is still in his prime, than Ferdinand now, who is completely past it.

Keane played for Utd for 12 years and was a top player, should we stick him in midfield instead of being assistant? Actually, that's not a bad shout...

He was first choice CB when fit when United won the title 12 months ago and was still selected when fit last year in a United team that still outperformed us.

Lets get real here - even at 35 when fit he is better than anyone in our back line, perhaps with the exception of Vlaar.

I'm by no means saying he's worth the salary he would demand, especially given that he would probably only start 10 games.  But to say he's rubbish is just plain daft.

is not a defender

...or a midfielder

It was Arsenal. Scored 2 in fact.

twice as injury prone than Okore.

Is okore injury prone?

No, but this is VT where hyperbole is king and one bad injury suddenly makes you injury-prone.

He's been injured twice, I'm being harsh I know but with how our defenders are always sidelined I would prefer us to stay away from Ferdinand.

is not a defender

...or a midfielder

We lost the game 4-2, he scored off two set pieces.......not sure you can say that constitutes doing well when in a DM role.

Sunderland are in for Ashley Williams, such a sad thing to see these clubs trying to improve, would have loved him here. Fingers crossed something happens on the takeover front before the season starts.

What's perhaps encouraging about trying to get Rio is that we seem willing to throw a bit of money on experience and wages for a quality player who would undoubtedly improve us. Hopefully we continue in this manner for future recruits. I imagine the ploy is to get some experience in at a decent wage to hopefully keep us solid and afloat until the so-called impending takeover.

Thank god we didn't sign Ferdinand, I can't stand anything about this player or him as a person. Me,me,me,me it's all about me, tosser.

And before any of the jumped up tos..posters on here ask me to point to why and where go and get fu.......away I couldn't be less interested in looking for quotes or stories on this guy.

Sunderland are in for Ashley Williams, such a sad thing to see these clubs trying to improve, would have loved him here. Fingers crossed something happens on the takeover front before the season starts.

Williams really isn't that good, I've watched him for many years playing for Wales and I tell you now he's become massively overrated since landing in the prem

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

Does anybody reckon we will sign some players this summer, whether we are sold, or not? (For the purpose of this question - free signings do not count)

We won't sign anybody involving a transfer fee whilst Lerner is here