Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Still can't believe we haven't used the loan market considering our current situation

Yep, we aren't very good in the loan department are we? Saying that the big clubs must have players they need out

We dont have much room in the squad and if he is planning to bring in 1 or 2 signings then there is no room.  Personally i think we will be safe this season so id rather bring on our younger players for next year instead of someone elses.

Desperately need a winger and a striker. And I don't mean an untried striker, I mean one (like Remy) that would walk into first 11 and score

You can go on about us having the likes of Gabby, Andi, Bent and Kozak .. but any of those will have to have an incredible season to even get into double figures. We're WAY to reliant on Benteke and nobody knows if he will come back the same player

Get a Remy in, get a Gabby/Bent out to make way for their wages

Selling bent is so easy.....

I keep reading this we have 5 strikers, 3 of them last season played over 90 games between them scoring just 16 goals. We are toothless because they don't do anything off the ball or with it. We do need an AM however do you trust Weimann or Gabby to get us goals. Weimann up front on his own is a waste of time as to play a lone role, you need to have ability to hold it or keep running the lines. On Bent he can do this role but I question his fitness. We got into ourselves into a lot of bother towards the end of last season relying on Gabby and AW, now we are hoping for CB and LK to come back fit and start firing, what if that doesn't happen? Saturday showed we needed a striker who would at least attack crosses coming in, hold onto to it and link play. Our current fit forwards can't do this.

• Like 2

That's spot on, bent Gabby and Weimann just won't get us those goals. To expect Tekkers and Kozak to come back firing is just wishful thinking. They'll need time to get back in the groove. Plus I don't like the idea that we are all pinning hoped on Benteke to ease our goals burden. It'd help if we had another alternative Gabby option who can actually finish. Think it's imperative we have striker cover for now until November at the v least, ideally a loan striker for the season would be ideal

The strikers rarely get a decent chance to finish anything off. What we actually need is an AM who can cut open a defence, there's not many strikers in our budget who can create that many chances for themselves.