Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Just a suggestion, but how about Borini on loan? With Balotelli coming in he's not going to get much of a look in at Liverpool and he appears to have burned his bridges on Wearside despite the Sunderland fans clamoring to get him back this season. 

If we loan a player, it needs to be someone who we'd have a chance of signing next Summer. There's no point loaning the up-and-coming youngsters that will simply go back to their parent club as a better player (ie: Walker). Some of the top clubs must have a few attacking players that aren't part of their plans, that we could get on loan.

If we loan a player, it needs to be someone who we'd have a chance of signing next Summer. There's no point loaning the up-and-coming youngsters that will simply go back to their parent club as a better player (ie: Walker). Some of the top clubs must have a few attacking players that aren't part of their plans, that we could get on loan.

Isco?

Isco?

Good player, but he should have CL clubs after him.  He's very good. :)

Isco?

Good player, but he should have CL clubs after him.  He's very good. :)

Maybe a cheeky bid?

Disagree completely because all we will end up with then is a loan similar to the Jenas one? I would rather have a player with potrential from a top team trying to gain experience rather than a shite player a mid table team can't actually sell for a fee because they are on silly wages!

• Like 1

But then you lose them, and have to pay to replace them because all of your own players in that position didn't get any experience and are now out of form. It's better to loan someone you have a realistic chance of signing. It seems to be working out okay for Everton. 

But would you have said that Everton had a realistic chance of signing Lukaku permanently when he joined them on loan?

I don't think many people would have foreseen Everton spending the money they did to get him in permanently. 

I think we should sign players on loan regardless of whether or not they are interested in signing for our club the season after.  Premier league survival is the primary goal for us so if that is achieved through 1 or 2 mercenaries then so be it

But would you have said that Everton had a realistic chance of signing Lukaku permanently when he joined them on loan?

I don't think many people would have foreseen Everton spending the money they did to get him in permanently. 

I get the impression Kenwright is going all in with Martinez as Randy did with MOM..28mil on Lukaku and now seemingly Eto on a 2 year deal , bound to be on big wages as well.

But then you lose them, and have to pay to replace them because all of your own players in that position didn't get any experience and are now out of form. It's better to loan someone you have a realistic chance of signing. It seems to be working out okay for Everton. 

Exactly I don't think they had any agreement to sign any of their loan players the following season but have managed to get two out of the three? 

and it's amazing that a club like Everton can afford Lukaku? Or maybe they haven't got idiots in charge of the club and team?