Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I guess it all depends on if you compare him to Ronaldinho at his peak or against regular players.

If you only compare players to Ronaldinho at his peak then almost everyone ever is/was/will always be shit. That seems like an unfair benchmark just because it's the same guy. He has definitely been far better than any attacker we've had for the vast majority of his career.

Compared to the other attacking players currently on a free looking at a base salary of $90k/month, he's pretty **** good IMO.

He was my suggestion for CED's player to get him hard in winter.

I guess it all depends on if you compare him to Ronaldinho at his peak or against regular players.

If you only compare players to Ronaldinho at his peak then almost everyone ever is/was/will always be shit. That seems like an unfair benchmark just because it's the same guy. He has definitely been far better than any attacker we've had for the vast majority of his career.

Compared to the other attacking players currently on a free looking at a base salary of $90k/month, he's pretty **** good IMO.

He was my suggestion for CED's player to get him hard in winter.

What you say we continue this if there actually is a solid link between Villa and him?

On the KEA - Feyenoord link i hope it's true

What you say we continue this if there actually is a solid link between Villa and him?

This is the speculation thread though. He'll have his own thread if there's a solid link.

I suppose we can talk about Jay Spearing if you like.

Neil-Patrick-Harris-Gun-to-Head.gif

• Like 1

Holtby would be a great signing, financially it makes sense to given his age and ability. I can't believe that if a player of his quality was available that we wouldn't be interested. Lerner really has done a number on our club.

Edited by Supervillan78

Hamburg in talk over loan/permanent deal for Holtby, I'm sadly writing us off now ..

I think it's obvious that Lambert wants him, if we didn't get him I reckon it would be down to Lerner.

Has Lambert said anything?

Trent said that we've tried before if I remember correctly

Come on Trent what's the gossip. :ph34r:

I can answer that for you

casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true.

Edited by Richard
  • Like 1

Hamburg in talk over loan/permanent deal for Holtby, I'm sadly writing us off now ..

I think it's obvious that Lambert wants him, if we didn't get him I reckon it would be down to Lerner.

Or maybe Holtby just fancies going back to his home league and is not interested in coming to another relegation favorite who is likely to quibble over the cost of his wages?

So no links yet? I am dissapoint

You mean regarding Holtby?

I mean anyone. I doubt we are after holtby and salah sounds like wishful thinking. Would think something would be in the air by now. Same goes for that italian striker but it's so obscure it might even be true...

Holtby had his best years in Schalke, managed to get a call up and Bundesliga seemed to fit him very well. I can imagine his options, either going back and find that form he got in Germany or go to another premier league team where his starting every game to prove doubters wrong.