Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Exactly, we look very solid at the back and very well organised. We're also more organised and disciplined in central midfield. It's the lack of quality of our attacking options that are letting us down, Agbonlahor, Weimann and N'Zogbia do not cut the mustard.

With Benteke returning, if we could have two genuine attacking options playing off of him we'd be a serious threat to most in this league. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Need new forward options look solid at the back but nowt up top

Definitely. I know were only 2 games in to the season but we lost those fixtures last season and we've kept 2 clean sheets. Look more confident and solid at the back. Hopefully that'll make the midfield less nervy as well. BUT in my opinion were still lacking the creativity we did last season. Gabby hasn't contributed in ages and as I've said before Weimann just isn't a winger. We need either a CAM or a winger - creative players. Im confident we've got the strikers to put the ball away in Benteke and Kozak (even Weimann too - id prefer him down the middle). 1 more player and i'd be very happy with out team!

Exactly, we look very solid at the back and very well organised. We're also more organised and disciplined in central midfield. It's the lack of quality of our attacking options that are letting us down, Agbonlahor, Weimann and N'Zogbia do not cut the mustard.

With Benteke returning, if we could have two genuine attacking options playing off of him we'd be a serious threat to most in this league. 

Weimann and Gabby is the problem, i thought Zog did well today.

• Like 1

Need new forward options look solid at the back but nowt up top

Totally agree. What's more, we need recruits who are able to play next Saturday - it's very important we get the win against Hull, both for morale (considering our home form) and for our fixtures in September. We have to be more creative next weekend. 

• Like 1

Our greatest times during MON was when we played a strong forward who could hold up the ball alongside a pacy striker. Carew and Agbonlahor are the ones I'm talking about. Imagine Benteke alongside Arsenals Joel Campell? Deadly duo, one of them pacy and full of trickery and the other one simply a beast

Edited by AVFCRAMTIN

Our greatest times during MON was when we played a strong forward who could hold up the ball alongside a pacy striker. Carew and Agbonlahor are the ones I'm talking about. Imagine Benteke alongside Arsenals Joel Campell? Deadly duo, one of them pacy and full of trickery and the other one simply a beast

I'm not sure 4-4-2 is the way forward. I'd rather have a quality creative player behind him.

• Like 1

I'm not sure 4-4-2 is the way forward. I'd rather have a quality creative player behind him.

I know thought so too, with the Rock in the squad we must play 4231 or 433!!

4-4-2 at home, depending on whom we play, could certainly work well, with the front six being:

N'Zogbia-Sanchez-Delph-Grealish

Benteke-Weimann

Indeed, that would be one of my preferred lineup. But I see about no chance of that happening.

I'd rather 3 in the middle at home in a diamond TBH. We still don't take enough control of the game, so instead of having one man stranded up top we'd be sacrificing 2 and have one less in midfield. Maybe it'll work down the line, but I don't think we're quite able for it yet

Wiemann and Gabby will improve when Benteke returns. At the moment they are just very easy to mark out of the game and they are struggling. When Benteke is there.. and they need two on him and he causes panic.. it will free up Wiemann and Gabby. I hope. WIemann especially does some very good things in games but follows it up with poor things. I still there is a player in there somewhere. His crossing is really good. Just needs to work on his touch and finishing. Just get Aly to send those fierce crosses to him at training.

I do think we need another one in their position. That wide forward player for depth purposes. At the moment they are not feeling the heat for their positions.

Edited by KSV

Danny Welbeck due to sign in the coming days apparently, after the Leyton Orient game, after Utd have got a couple more faces in the pipeline. Will probably raise some eyebrows. Believe it's gonna be a loan initially

• Like 1

Danny Welbeck due to sign in the coming days apparently, after the Leyton Orient game, after Utd have got a couple more faces in the pipeline. Will probably raise some eyebrows. Believe it's gonna be a loan initially

Where does this come from?