Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Rarely get a decent chance, did Richardson not lay one on a plate for Gabby at Stoke? There were some great crosses that Cissokho put in, even Hutton rolled one across the 6 yard box, where were they? Its like you just want the striker just to stand there and all he has to do is tap it in.

Rarely get a decent chance, did Richardson not lay one on a plate for Gabby at Stoke? There were some great crosses that Cissokho put in, even Hutton rolled one across the 6 yard box, where were they? Its like you just want the striker just to stand there and all he has to do is tap it in.

I thought that was what Darren Bent, was, is, used to be, never was, for

I agree with craig way too much focus is on strikers, even crap strikers score when they have an excellent supply of chances - See Andy Cole.

If we had Cole oN Saturday we would have scored no doubt about that.

I did too but lately he seems to have just lost interest.

I agree with craig way too much focus is on strikers, even crap strikers score when they have an excellent supply of chances - See Andy Cole.

If we had Cole oN Saturday we would have scored no doubt about that.

I did too but lately he seems to have just lost interest.

Or we don't put those crosses in when he was on the pitch. Richardson and Nzog were off and the fullbacks weren't pushing on much at that stage.

I don't think Joe Cole will be the creator we need.

Even in his last good season (at Lille) he only had 2 or 3 assists.

And his stats after that is even worse (partly because of injuries, which i fear will hamper his time here as well).

Imo we need another creative player if we are to add significally on last years abysmal 39 goals in 38 games even if Benteke comes back to full form

Edited by sne

Andy Cole was crap???

Yes complete toss.

Caps for England? Goals for England? Goals outside of those awesome utd and Newcastle teams?

He was just a poacher in the days of 4-4-2.

Crap

Still hope we can get Holtby. Didn't do much in a crap Fulham team and didn't get many chances at Spurs but he's still a good player. Look what happens to players like Sigurdsson when they get chances, confidence from the manager and get to play in the right position.

• Like 1

Bent used to score tap ins because he had the nous to be where he was supposed to be. Neither Gabby nor Andi have that kind of positioning sense

• Like 1