Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Henderson has played really well for Liverpool this season, there is no doubt about it.

Saddens me to do this but..:

Sturridge_1b.gif

He seems to be very intelligent and is still only 23, lots of time to further improve so he could become a very, very good player.

He's superb on what basis? By just doing unrisky passes and let Gerrard, Sturridge,Suarez and Sterling do all the job. Seriously, had he played on a mid-table side he would be average at best.

I have to question whether you have watched Liverpool at all this season reading this.

I think the more prominent question is; Have you seen football? (given the range of comments across the threads)

Clearly not as much as you as you must hold the correct view on everything, right?

He's superb on what basis? By just doing unrisky passes and let Gerrard, Sturridge,Suarez and Sterling do all the job. Seriously, had he played on a mid-table side he would be average at best.

I have to question whether you have watched Liverpool at all this season reading this.

I think the more prominent question is; Have you seen football? (given the range of comments across the threads)

Clearly not as much as you as you must hold the correct view on everything, right?

Way to misread dude :D

• Like 1

umm, I was agreeing with you? (for once)

will revert to type though immediately

Ah sorry. I thought you meant 'you' as in me. I'm prone to the occasional misreading of posts ;)

Ah sorry. I thought you meant 'you' as in me. I'm prone to the occasional misreading of posts ;)

No worries, on reflection it wasn't actually clear, my bad :)

• Like 1

Henderson is average.

A passenger.

Jermaine Jenas.

Athletic, but very limited.

He's also probably in the top (bottom) 3 footballers in the league in terms of general intelligence, daft as a brush.

You're doing VillaTalk wrong.  Continue bickering, please.

• Like 4

Henderson is average.

A passenger.

Jermaine Jenas.

He's also probably in the top (bottom) 3 footballers in the league in terms of general intelligence, daft as a brush.

I agree with some of that. He's not the brightest of footballers, but he is athletic, hard working and can pick a pass. He's far from a passenger and as for the Jenas comparison it's fair, but in my opinion a prime (read fit) Jermaine Jenas was better than anything we have right now. He was a solid contributor to a very good England side.

I like Henderson. He runs like he's a competitor in the special Olympics mind.

I haven't seen liverpool play that much, but as some describe he sounds a little bit like Makelele. Not that bad a player, even though he was quite technically limited and was called a "water carrier" IIRC. We could do with a player like that.

You're doing VillaTalk wrong.  Continue bickering, please.

It did feel a bit weird to end such a sitation amicably I must admit. It's not the VT way ;)

Henderson is average.

A passenger.

Jermaine Jenas.

Compared to other footballers who are brains of Britain? How can you possibly say he is in the bottom three?

Ask Liverpool fans what they think of Henderson this season.

There's a reason he's the only one of the "CHAD" players who's still there. He's shown some really great improvement there. Yet another reminder that it's foolish to write a player off after one season.

For the summer: I would not like to see us splash any cash on another central defender. We have four. Okore will be back next season, Baker and Clark have shown a lot of improvement this year. Instead I would like to see us pick up a good strong-tackling DM who can cover at CB in case of excessive injuries. Ki-Sung Yeung mentioned above would be perfect, however Swansea would be crazy not to recall him and stick him right into their starting XI. And I don't think he'd be anywhere near as cheap as 3m.

So, a DM who can cover at CB. The mythical AM we've all been waiting for who can aid our attacking play. Bertrand on a permanent deal, new deals for Delph and Albrighton, and keep Benteke, and that's a good summer as far as I'm concerned.