Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Anyone think Bartlomiej Pawlowski could be worth a look, he was a threat at Villa Park and still very young, On loan from Lodz to Malaga.

Been on about him ever since. Perfect player for us. Top version of Weimann.
  • Like 1

He's only played a hand full of games this season, although of course he is only on loan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzcCChrrDek

His one goal of the season ^ ^ ^ 

Interview in January about his lack of games:

“In Spain it’s harder than in Poland. I have to learn the tactics and the language, which are very important. We’re only two points above the relegation zone. Those that have been playing, are those with more games already this season in La Liga, which is why it’s a difficult time for the younger players.”

With fellow striker Roque Santa Cruz out injured again, there could be another opportunity for Pawlowski to feature more, in the absence of the Paraguayan.

“I always want to play and that’s no different this time. I’ll be doing everything I can to help. I might make mistakes, that’s only natural, but I see much better players than myself on the television, who also make mistakes.”

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/96011/pawlowski-in-spain-its-harder-than-in-poland/

I'd say Bacuna, KEA and Vlaar prove that we have a good eye for talent in the Dutch league.

I think we could be back there in the summer to replace benteke

I wouldn't mind us going back to belgium..... Michy Batshuayi would be a good replacement but a risky one!

And get bakkali while we're at it...

Bloody Belgians, must have put something in the water

I'd love for us to get Bakkali, kid will be a star. Thing is, I was really shocked when we got Okore because I didn't think we'd have any chance of getting him. Maybe we'll grab another potential star this Summer.

Edited by samjp26

He's only played a hand full of games this season, although of course he is only on loan.

“In Spain it’s harder than in Poland. I have to learn the tactics and the language, which are very important. We’re only two points above the relegation zone. Those that have been playing, are those with more games already this season in La Liga, which is why it’s a difficult time for the younger players.”

With fellow striker Roque Santa Cruz out injured again, there could be another opportunity for Pawlowski to feature more, in the absence of the Paraguayan.

“I always want to play and that’s no different this time. I’ll be doing everything I can to help. I might make mistakes, that’s only natural, but I see much better players than myself on the television, who also make mistakes.”

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/96011/pawlowski-in-spain-its-harder-than-in-poland/

What i was thinking when suggested him mate, Malaga has  a 1.5mil price in place with Lodz!! he is a much bigger build and stronger than Tonev and i think he is a better player as well! he is only 21!

Now Malaga haven't been playing him much so no doubt will go back to Lodz in summer!! for 1.5mil, why on earth not? he is slightly built but is a talent for sure!

Edited by Villan4Life

Didn't we sign a highly rated player who looked awesome in the Polish top division? Oh yes, what was his name... Aleksandar Tonev was it?

Robert Lewandowski came from Polish leagues to Dortmund, is an example

Tonev is Bulgarian, Pawlowski is Polish incase you have forgotten.. 

So you compare players just because of a certain league that the come from? short sighted that is mate!!

What i was thinking when suggested him mate, Malaga has  a 1.5mil price in place with Lodz!! he is a much bigger build and stronger than Tonev and i think he is a better player as well! he is only 21!

Now Malaga haven't been playing him much so no doubt will go back to Lodz in summer!! for 1.5mil, why on earth not? he is slightly built but is a talent for sure!

Would be worth a punt as such IMO. I think he has played 5 or 6 league games all season, so 1 goal in that amount isn't too bad to be honest, especially when you look at how good the goal was.

I'm not really sure why he hasn't adapted well to the Spanish game, like you say though he is definitely 'bigger' than Tonev for example. 

Tonev probably wasn't that highly rated by anyone other than Petrov. 

Pawlowski appears to have a lot more to him than Tonev, but I would be cautious about signing players based on how they perform against us, it seemed be John Gregory's key transfer policy and in most cases backfired.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Wouldn't mind nicking Caulker from Cardiff if (when) they get relegated.  Looked a good player at Spurs too.  I know we've still got Okore to come back, but if he turns out to not be up to scratch then we're back with the Chuckle Brothers again.

The way I see Caulker would replace Vlaar as I think Okore is the better centre half and has a lot more pace than Vlaar. Caulker and Okore would be a very good pairing, strong and pacey. 

Wouldn't mind nicking Caulker from Cardiff if (when) they get relegated.  Looked a good player at Spurs too.  I know we've still got Okore to come back, but if he turns out to not be up to scratch then we're back with the Chuckle Brothers again.

The way I see Caulker would replace Vlaar as I think Okore is the better centre half and has a lot more pace than Vlaar. Caulker and Okore would be a very good pairing, strong and pacey.

I was reading an article from a Norwegian journalist who said Villa have no idea how good of a signing they've made in okore. Also that Lambert's plan has always been to play 3 CB's with vlaar in the middle and Okore and one other either side.

If caukler was that other then I'm liking that.