Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Antoine Griezmann is having a storming season in La Liga, think he has around 15 which is excellent for a winger/playmaker.

Doesn't play for one of the fashionable clubs either, could be worth a look? be around 10mil mark though

Sociedad are a club who have just competed in the UCL and are challenging for fourth place again this season. Griezmann has been on of the best players in La Liga this season also. Absolutely no chance of him going to a team not in the UCL nor him going for anywhere near £10m I'm afraid.

I think Griezmann will be approached by clubs far above our current station. He would, for instance, be a natural solution for Manchester United's odd left flank who'll be throwing money about like nobodies business this summer. I think his fee would be closer, if not exceeding, £20m rather than £10m.

A promising left sided talent, as that's the topic of discussion, that would be a more likely target is the likes of Maxime Lestienne of Brugge or, if I got my way, Lucas Piazon of Chelsea (currently at Vitesse).

Edited by Wes

I think Griezmann will be approached by clubs far above our current station. He would, for instance, be a natural solution for Manchester United's odd left flank who'll be throwing money about like nobodies business this summer. I think his fee would be closer, if not exceeding, £20m rather than £10m.

A promising left sided talent, as that's the topic of discussion, that would be a more likely target is the likes of Maxienne Lestienne of Brugge or, if I got my way, Lucas Piazon of Chelsea (currently at Vitesse).

How has piazon done this yr?

A promising left sided talent, as that's the topic of discussion, that would be a more likely target is the likes of Maxienne Lestienne of Brugge or, if I got my way, Lucas Piazon of Chelsea (currently at Vitesse).

He started superbly and was tearing up the league with ease. In the last couple of months he, as with Vitesse themselves, has faded and has lost his place.

I've only seen bits of his play but what I have seen has generally impressed me. I think he takes their penalties so his goals stat is inflated in case anyone goes looking. If I had to sum him up in a word I would say control. He doesn't come across to me as a blunderbuss of a winger. There is a purpose to his movements. Also I think he has the stature and physicality to likely be effective in the English league.

I just wonder if there may be a tiny bit of a bond forming between Villa and Chelsea. Chelsea were not pleased with how Liverpool handled Moses' loan. I can't see them having any complaints with how we've handled Bertrand getting all the time he has had. Plus, Jose seems to like Lambert.

Piazon has been on Chelsea's books for two years now. He's had a spell in Spain and now one in Holland where he was doing well up until the turn of the year where he has fallen short on a number of occasions by all accounts. I think the powers that be at Stamford Bridge may want to see how he does in England next year. He's not going to get ahead of Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle, Salah and the likes and he offers no English nationality bonus to the squad that the likes of Moses does with regards European competition.

On the subject of potential links from the past with players as we look towards the summer, Okore came from a "lesser league" but had Champions League experience. I wouldn't be surprised if we bring in one or two players that meet that description this year also.

Interesting list.

A couple I don't think are accurate like Given and Ireland but others look reasonably correct.

I completely forgot about Enda Stevens, I actually thought we'd released him. Does he really have a contract until 2017?!

Aston Villa Players Salary List – Team Squad Contract 2013-14

AUGUST 10, 2013 BY SAMEER ARSHAD1 COMMENT

Aston-Villa-Logo-2013-2014.jpgAston Villa Finance 2012-13 Money

Ownership Owned by Randy Lerner, via Reform Acquisitions LLC Turnover £80m (down from £92m in 2011)

Gate & Matchday income £20m

TV Rights Money £47m

Commercial activities £14m

Wage Bill 2012-13 £70m (down from £83m)

————————————————————————————————————————————

Aston Villa Players Salary List 2013-2014

PLAYER AGE WEEKLY WAGE CONTRTACT REMAINING

Brad Guzan 28 £30,000 2017

Jed Steer 20 £5000 2017

Shay Given 37 £25,000 2016

Nathan Baker 22 £10,000 2016

Ron Vlaar 28 £25,000 2015

Jores Okore 20 £20,000 2017

Ciaran Clark 23 £15,000 2016

Joe Bennett 23 £15,000 2016

Antonio Luna 22 £15,000 2015

Enda Stevens 23 £5000 2017

Matthew Lowton 24 £15,000 2015

Alan Hutton 28 £30,000 2015

Karim El Ahmadi 28 £15,000 2015

Chris Herd 24 £5000 2014

Yacouba Sylla 22 £10,000 2016

Leandro Bacuna 21 £15,000 2016

Ashley Westwood 23 £15,000 2017

Fabian Delph 23 £30,000 2015

Gary Gardner 21 £5000 2014

Barry Bannan 23 2014

Marc Albrighton 23 £15,000 2014

Charles N’Zogbia 27 £40,000 2016

Stephen Ireland 26 £30,000 2014

Aleksandar Tonev 23 £10,000 2017

Gabriel Agbonlahor 26 £50,000 2015

Andreas Weimann 22 £25,000 2015

Nicklas Helenius 22 £10,000 2016

Christian Benteke 22 £30,000 2017

Jordan Bowery 22 £2000 2015

Nathan Delfouneso 22 £5000 2014

Darren Bent 29 £65,000 2015 (Loaned)

————————————————————————————————————————————-

• Aston Villa Average wage bill was £57,000-a-week under Alex McLiesh a year ago.
  • But after the departures of Stewart Downing, Brad Friedel, Luke Young, Nigel Reo-Coker and Jean Makou the average wage bill has come down to £47,000-a-week

Got this from that TSW site, is this right?

Not for Delph anyway. Hairy Hands mentioned he was on 50k and needed to start to live up to his wages. Think that was one of the posts that put the nail in his coffin on here

That list seems extremely suspect and I am inclined to dismiss it's credibility when it lists Shay Given and Stephen Ireland on £25k and £30k per week respectively. It doesn't seem to have taken into account the new contracts given in the summer either.

That list seems extremely suspect and I am inclined to dismiss it's credibility when it lists Shay Given and Stephen Ireland on £25k and £30k per week respectively. It doesn't seem to have taken into account the new contracts given in the summer either.

perhaps that's the portion we are still paying

Thing with Piazon is that he only just turned 20. He's still very young and I doubt Chelsea would want him to leave permanently, maybe a loan move would work though being as we know Chelsea like their youngsters to gain experience.

That list was written on August 10th though. Neither of those two were out on loan at that time.

That list was written on August 10th though. Neither of those two were out on loan at that time.

Also Given is no longer on loan, even if the list was present, Given's wages would still be getting paid in full.

Also Given is no longer on loan, even if the list was present, Given's wages would still be getting paid in full.

Also, the figures don't  add up to the totals the guy has given