Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Rumours are that Lambert was watching Southend vs Oxford United last night..

Oh goody. I was only saying the other day how we needed to think bigger in terms of our transfer policy.

Seriously, let's hope he was just in the area and decided to pop in, as opposed to being there in any sort of professional capacity.

SC Freiburg's Senegalese central defender Fallou Diagne mentioned us amongst a list of interested parties in a radio interview on France's RFM; he's looking to move on at the end of the season having (justifiably, given a loss of form) lost his place to veteran Pavel Krmaš. Doofmund (can't see it, he's not good enough), Bordeaux, Rennes and Fulham were the other clubs.

Diagne is a solid player, I'd certainly take him to battle for places with Vlaar and Okore, not sure we will be in for a CB though.

Michu?

has ability, Swansea in a bit of free fall and Laudrup is gone. we should target him as im sure we could fit him into our wage budget and don't think any better teams be chasing him

He'd fit into our wage-budget but I'm sure Swansea will demand a pretty large amount and rightly so. I can also see better teams being interested should he be available.

Rumours are that Lambert was watching Southend vs Oxford United last night..

Only one who could think be watching is Norwich City (Think like Jed Steer's case) loanee Jamar Loza, who scored once and set up two.

His contract is running out. So wouldn't surprise me.

id certainly take him, he wont the heights of last season again but he's a great player

no chance of it happening though, same as benteke for us, they slap a price tag on him that reflected his value to the team, and that would around £15m at least, we need to find the next michu, not sure who that is, moi gomez, oliver, curro? none of them have the goals, oliver will be the one to watch, out of our league :(

Edited by villa4europe

If Swansea drop out the league I wouldn't be surprised to see Michu go for 7 or 8m

They won't go down, they've got too much quality, Michu won't go for that amount
they could well drop

If Swansea drop out the league I wouldn't be surprised to see Michu go for 7 or 8m

They won't go down, they've got too much quality, Michu won't go for that amount
they could well drop

Not going to happen, they've got bony as well don't forget

Michu?

has ability, Swansea in a bit of free fall and Laudrup is gone. we should target him as im sure we could fit him into our wage budget and don't think any better teams be chasing him

Michu, has ability? It's like you're talking about some bit-part player like Kone or Gouffran. Michu at his best is a very, very good player and I can promise you that much bigger clubs will go after him if he is available. I was quite surprised when nobody did buy him, but Swansea was in a position to demand a hefty sum after a brilliant first season and other clubs were probably hesitant just like with Christian Benteke. The difference is of course that Michu is 28 years old and not 23, so the figure will not be that high. Michu scored 18 goals last season and this season he has been injured most of the time, or carrying an injury in the beginning (just like Benteke did for a while). He's barely had 1000 minutes on the pitch, his scoring ratio has been low and his star has fallen because of this. However, the chance of us signing him when he is in his prime is next to zero. There will be numerous clubs in Germany, Italy and Spain out to grab him, especially if his contract will run out soon. Just imagine, they will probably get him at 5-7M, wages will be decent and the potential upside is very high. The demand will be high!

they could well drop

What good had all those players done them so far? And they've got a horrible run in

You know what I want above all else? Someone with a bit of magic in their boots. If we're going to be mid table I want a Merson or a Carbone. Someone to excite us and do something magical every now and then to make us forget that the game is rotten to the core for a few minutes the odd week

Edited by P3te
  • Like 1

they could well drop
What good had all those players done them so far? And they've got a horrible run in

Don't you look silly tonight?

they could well drop

Eh? Scraping a point in the last minute due to an own goal doesn't really prove anything.

they could well drop

Eh? Scraping a point in the last minute due to an own goal doesn't really prove anything.

Bony scored as well