Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Maybe it was punishment for Clark hoofing it every single time. I like Clark, but he's been extremely negative in possession this year.

Also, wasn't Clark dropped after the everton game? When he gave away the free kick?

"Is there no chance of him staying at all?" - About the same chance as last season supermon I would guess (but that turned out better than we had anticipated it would).

He is at the same stage in his contract having added a year but he has not had the season he had last time. However, he does have a World Cup to come and if he has a good one big clubs that did not go for him last time may want him this time. If he does not do much between now and the end of the season or at the World Cup I guess our price demands would reflect that so that might tempt teams to take a punt on him.

Of course if we brought in 3 or 4 top players in the window and showed some ambition (by not using the money from his sale to do it) he might be tempted to stick around. But I think it depends on how much the club are prepared to resist the temptation to take a big profit by selling him and on whether his staying for this season was agreed on the grounds that we would not stand in his way at the end of this season.    

Sneijder.

Swap Torres for Benteke + £10m our way.

Buy Mulumbu from West Bum.

Find some wonderkid winger from Holland. Maybe Bacuna's brother.

Enjoy finishing in the top 4.

Sneijder.

The way Sneijder played to night, im not sure we would have to buy.

Okore will be our new CB signing this summer. He has missed the entire season, you might as well say we signed him this summer.

We need to strengthen the central midfield and sign up Bertrand. 

Sneijder.

That wage bill would be insane.

I don't think he was being serious :P

• Like 1

Mulumbu would be a decent pick up, always rated him.

Betrand and if we can't get him full time Neil Taylor from Swansea at LB.

Russell Martin as a squad signing from Norwich, plays RB but can also fill in at CB so kills two birds from one stone.

Tomas Rincon on a free from Hamburg.

No idea on the creative player as they tend to be decentlypaid....wouldn't shock me if we went back in for Kioyate.

Signing to get the fans dreaming again post Benteke...Loic Remy.

I don't see how our wage bill would rise hugely from that business.

Maybe it was punishment for Clark hoofing it every single time. I like Clark, but he's been extremely negative in possession this year.

Also, wasn't Clark dropped after the everton game? When he gave away the free kick?

Clark is much more positive in possession than Baker - Baker is a hoof monster.  (As an aside, kudos to Bennett against Chelsea.  He could've panicked in possession often but he didn't and always looked for a pass down the line).

I think part of Lambert's thinking with Baker is that the better central defences (on the whole) have one comfortable on the ball centre back and one brave, head on the line centre back.  Ferdinand/Vidic, Terry/Cahill, Laursen/Davies - if you have the right pairing, they often work well.  Both Vlaar and Clark are comfortable enough on the ball but neither are particularly brave to the extent that Baker is.  Can only assume this is why he's generally picked ahead of Clark.

I like both Baker and Clark as backup/subs/occasional first team options by the way - can't see the need for another central defender.

Sneijder.

That wage bill would be insane.

Yeah I've heard bacuna's bro has ridiculous wage demands