Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Think that if we get Ki in the formation will be more 3 in the middle with 1 up top and 2 wide strikers for away games when we are hitting teams on the break. Then for home games Cole can be intergrated into the midfield 3 in a more advanced role when we need to break teams down. Can see that working  

• Like 1

Reading the daily express transfer by club bit and apparently we have signed Tom Leggett, Isaac Nehemie (both Southampton). Anyone any idea?

They're from Southampton's academy and the deals were tied up a couple of months ago. No idea what positions they play or their ages but it sounds similar to how Arsenal snatched Dan Crowley from our academy last summer

Reading the daily express transfer by club bit and apparently we have signed Tom Leggett, Isaac Nehemie (both Southampton). Anyone any idea?

They're from Southampton's academy and the deals were tied up a couple of months ago. No idea what positions they play or their ages but it sounds similar to how Arsenal snatched Dan Crowley from our academy last summer

We didn't snatch them though unlike Arsenal did to us with Crowley! Southampton released both of them and we signed them up.

• Like 1

Not really, more of that "lad related" banter crap.

its been around since keanes 2nd day i think so at least a week, its been on here and I've seen it a fair few facebooks (including mine) they'd do well to take the piss out of us more than we take the piss out of ourselves already...

cambiasso on his way to west ham so rule him out

Lol think we saw that coming, teams around us have done some real good business so far this summer. smh

...but even if we did sign him, there would be outcry for signing a has been, if we had signed a up and coming youngster, there would be outcry for not signing experience, proven players.

As for the clubs around doing great business, care to share them?

Who have Stoke, Sunderland, Leicester, Burnley, Palace, QPR, Swansea and WBA signed that we are gutted about? Even Hull.

Bardsley,Jutkiewicz, Snodgrass and Pantilmon.

Yeah, no thanks.

• Like 1

cambiasso on his way to west ham so rule him out

says we are West Ham's only competitors to his signature. Ahh.. I see what you mean then.

Apparently he will accept 50k a week. Not that much for a class player who can teach the young ones a thing or two.

Considering the crap that's been on 50k a week at this football club....

• Like 1

Lets just wind the club up even palace aresigning sigurdsen from.spuds come.on randy spend some cash

According to what? I think he's an excellent player

Skyspotrts news said agreed a fee fot him as good as signed why are we getting left behind surely 1minscule of lerner must care bout his investment

Greg Seltzer from No Short Corners and MLSsoccer.com has reported that Villa are one of the English clubs who have expressed an interest in MLS centreback Matt Besler. I'm sure this link won't exactly inspire fits of delight on here, but I think he's a solid player who plays well out of the back. I'm not exactly sure who we'd be letting go of, though, to make room for another centreback.

• Like 1

Greg Seltzer from No Short Corners and MLSsoccer.com has reported that Villa are one of the English clubs who have expressed an interest in MLS centreback Matt Besler. I'm sure this link won't exactly inspire fits of delight on here, but I think he's a solid player who plays well out of the back. I'm not exactly sure who we'd be letting go of, though, to make room for another centreback.

I think there's one obvious centre back that probably won't be here next season.