The Boring Thread

Spoony

On 29/05/2023 at 13:32, Xela said:

In the first ever episode of One Foot in the Grave, when Victor goes into the MOT garage place to see where his car is, he announces himself as "Victor Meldrew, the crimson avenger". 

Its only recently that I realised he's talking about his car - a red Hillman Avenger! 

I initially thought he was referring about being red faced and angry (he was) about the delay. 

4291 is the number for one of the places I ring round here. (Yeah there's area codes etc but in it's purest form and back in the day when it was just 4 numbers that's what it was.) It's how I remember the number and everytime I ring it I not only think of OFITG but that I know you'd get a real kick out of ringing that number :)

• Like 1

I've only just found out the Crimson Avenger is a superhero in DC Comics. That makes Victor's entrance even funnier now. 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I went to Blenheim Palace today. 

It's a big house. 

I went a few years ago, and also looked at Churchill's grave in the village. It's a very big house. 

• 1 month later...

Don't know what is going on with my lawn. It seems that every 4 days it needs mowing. I don't have an immaculate lawn that needs to look like a cricket pitch, but after 4 days it starts to look a little like @bicksters head. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Don't know what is going on with my lawn. It seems that every 4 days it needs mowing. I don't have an immaculate lawn that needs to look like a cricket pitch, but after 4 days it starts to look a little like @bicksters head. 

Are we talking landscaping ... or manscaping?

In the 1830's, the wealthy youths liked their own secret language and changed the spelling of words and turned them into acronyms. All Correct became Oll Korrect and shortened to OK. This took off and became mainstream due to the new telegram service.

Just now, Genie said:

I keep thinking today is Friday

It is for me, I have booked the day off tomorrow to go to Warwick Castle with my Grandson. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not Friday for me. But I work half days on a friday, and from home. Which is a little bit like a weekend. So maybe it's a half friday today

I used to have early finish on Friday but sold my soul some years ago to work it (3 more hours for 8% pay supplement).

Just now, Genie said:

I used to have early finish on Friday but sold my soul some years ago to work it (3 more hours for 8% pay supplement).

Yep I did that too at the time.

I still think that was a monumentally stupid move by them

• Like 1

Â