The Boring Thread

Spoony

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

If you were in the UK, those five minutes of gas used to roast would have set you back £465.19, rendering the savings useless. 

I used an electric stove. Probably cost 25 cents. So I've saved approximately 25 cents. 

I enjoy sunflower seeds, and also pumpkin seeds. 

Some of my favorite nuts are cashews, pecans and peanuts, all unsalted, but roasted. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Genie said:

My bed side clock display was too bright so I just tinted the screen with a sheet of the tint they use on car windows that I bought off ebay for £3.

I read that as 'bed side cock display'

I thought, what the hell is Genie up to!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

I read that as 'bed side cock display'

I thought, what the hell is Genie up to!

Last time I used luminous condoms my bed side cock display was too bright. 

kid-lol.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A pigeon has just decided to test its strength against my kitchen window. Didn’t fare too well.

A much louder thud than I would have expected. It left a comically Warner Bros esque outline on the window. Like a tribute to Wile E. Coyote or something.

Fortunately it had already expired by the time I went out to it. I’ve had to put a sparrow (or something similar) out of it’s misery before and it’s not something I enjoy. Had to scoop it up with a shovel as I loathe even the thought of picking them up with my hands.

39 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

A pigeon has just decided to test its strength against my kitchen window. Didn’t fare too well.

A much louder thud than I would have expected. It left a comically Warner Bros esque outline on the window. Like a tribute to Wile E. Coyote or something.

Fortunately it had already expired by the time I went out to it. I’ve had to put a sparrow (or something similar) out of it’s misery before and it’s not something I enjoy. Had to scoop it up with a shovel as I loathe even the thought of picking them up with my hands.

Wow. We've had quite a few pigeon strikes (in fact we've still got the comedy outline from one a couple of days ago. 

Never had one die though. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Wow. We've had quite a few pigeon strikes (in fact we've still got the comedy outline from one a couple of days ago. 

Never had one die though. 

There’s the occasional impact, I couldn’t say how often. That’s the first pigeon death at mine, second winged fatality after that sparrow a year or so ago.

A moderate amount of blood involved too (it’s a very rich red) which I’ve had to wash away. 

I’m taking it to mean my windows are reasonably clean at the moment.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I put some lateral struts in my cushion shed this afternoon to keep the cushions off the floor and increase air circulation. 

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bz7llm5sdyyr8jb77nl

Â