The Boring Thread

Spoony

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

I keep thinking today is Friday

Same here. It's not just the fact of being retired - we do have a 'job' looking after the grandchildren, which normally gives us a structured week - but at the moment, thanks to various holiday arrangements, our schedule is all over the place. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Same here. It's not just the fact of being retired - we do have a 'job' looking after the grandchildren, which normally gives us a structured week - but at the moment, thanks to various holiday arrangements, our schedule is all over the place. 

The importance of structure can't be denied, whether it is for a day or a week.

A lot of people rely entirely on work to provide structure and find themselves struggling to create it, when they are not working.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

It is for me.

No work until next month after today 🙂

Same for me. Taking the lad to Woburn Safari Park next week for an experience day where he gets to feed the giraffes. Should be good.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Same for me. Taking the lad to Woburn Safari Park next week for an experience day where he gets to feed the giraffes. Should be good.

You'll have fun asking him how the giraffe drinks without help from gravity.

This may require him to drink a bottle of pop while standing on his head.

• 2 weeks later...

32 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

No, it's quieter than crickets but it is coming from everywhere, from the stalks rather than an insect. It sounds a bit like Snap, Crackle and Pop

It's the hot weather making bacteria etc work more. That's science, that is. 

Ages ago my mum made me a maize filled beanbag to heat up in the microwave and use like a hot water bottle. I remember being really puzzled by a snap, crackle pop nose in my flat and eventually found that the bean bag had got wet and it was germinating. 

Like I said, that's scientific proof, that is. 

Innit. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

It's the hot weather making bacteria etc work more. That's science, that is. 

Ages ago my mum made me a maize filled beanbag to heat up in the microwave and use like a hot water bottle. I remember being really puzzled by a snap, crackle pop nose in my flat and eventually found that the bean bag had got wet and it was germinating. 

Like I said, that's scientific proof, that is. 

Innit. 

Thanks for that, can't beat a bit of science.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That means a lot

I didn't know the right thing to say, so I put myself in Mikes shoes, if one of my wife's sisters died, obviously I wouldn't celebrate it, but I mean, I would make sure my wife was ok, but that was about it. I will give it another shot.

Sorry for your loss and condolences to your wife.

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I didn't know the right thing to say, so I put myself in Mikes shoes, if one of my wife's sisters died, obviously I wouldn't celebrate it, but I mean, I would make sure my wife was ok, but that was about it. I will give it another shot.

No problem guys. 

• Like 1

I was in Stafford earlier in the year and I quite liked it.

But context was perhaps key. 

It was a beautiful, sunny April day. I was on a pub crawl with friends, my first drinks of the year. Found a lively pub with a live band. A sports club from Birmingham that I happen to support beat a rival club from Nottingham that day too*. All pretty good.

So perhaps Stafford was riding the coat tails when it came to making my day enjoyable.

*that phrasing is in consideration for you @Seat68, absolutely no mention of Aston Villa or football from me in this off topic post of mine. Apart from the previous sentence.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Oh I was just making a poorly time plethora joke

Sorry for your loss Mike

Â