The Boring Thread

Spoony

On 18/11/2022 at 13:09, mottaloo said:

I used to walk along Colmore Row on my way to great charles st as an office junior back in the early 80s.

Loved being in town (mate) especially at this time of year; the evening air would almost be crackling with anticipation of Christmas and the atmosphere seemed so good and generally jovial.

Now town has me on edge, a bit scary or sinister....perhaps it was always like that and the innocence of my teenage years never noticed it ?

Nah. I was drinking in town on Friday night. Was Ace. People everywhere, German Market in full swing. Christmas in the air. 

Went to Moor Street for the last train it was quieter and I had to walk down those darkish steps between The Bull Ring and Moor Street. I didn't feel threatened but then I was absolutely pissed as a fart and couldn't even walk straight. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

had to walk down those darkish steps between The Bull Ring and Moor Street. I didn't feel threatened but then I was absolutely pissed as a fart and couldn't even walk straight. 

drunk-guy-falling-down-stairs-gif-4.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Went to Moor Street for the last train it was quieter and I had to walk down those darkish steps between The Bull Ring and Moor Street. I didn't feel threatened but then I was absolutely pissed as a fart and couldn't even walk straight. 

You were in dangerous territory for a shire dwelling viler.....right on the edge of the proppa brummie kingdom. Mate.

8 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

You were in dangerous territory for a shire dwelling viler.....right on the edge of the proppa brummie kingdom. Mate.

It's OK, the train went express right through Tyseley and Small Heath. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Many years after the brand (in this kingdom) folded, I've only now worked out that C&A own brand CANDA literally says or means "C-AND-A".

Really? I thought it was to remind the ladies which way round their knickers went. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

All the posts made yesterday being dated as “Posted December 31st 2022” and not how it normally reads as “Posted yesterday at 14:32” or whatever it is.

To me it makes it feel like all the posts are older than they actually are.

• Like 2

My and the other half are trying to slim down in the new year, a year in and out of hospital and the general newborn stress means we've both piled a lot of weight on since last Christmas.

So I've spent new years day making a weekly weigh-in web app to track our week on week changes in kg and percentages, colour coded outputs, validated inputs and graphs, and email reminders to enter a weight. Ridiculously over the top, but a fun little side project. Fun to me. Probably not to anyone else, that's why it's in here :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

After a lifetime of (mostly botched) DIY, I was today years old when I discovered that not all cross-head screws (and therefore screwdrivers) are the same. I've always assumed that 'Phillips' and 'Posidrive' were just two words for the same thing. They aren't, which explains why I've occasionally found them problematic. I now need to do a bit of sorting in the garage. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

After a lifetime of (mostly botched) DIY, I was today years old when I discovered that not all cross-head screws (and therefore screwdrivers) are the same. I've always assumed that 'Phillips' and 'Posidrive' were just two words for the same thing. They aren't, which explains why I've occasionally found them problematic. I now need to do a bit of sorting in the garage. 

Until recently I assumed the same. I thought people were just being fancy. 

• Shocked 1

On 01/01/2023 at 12:46, Davkaus said:

My and the other half are trying to slim down in the new year, a year in and out of hospital and the general newborn stress means we've both piled a lot of weight on since last Christmas.

So I've spent new years day making a weekly weigh-in web app to track our week on week changes in kg and percentages, colour coded outputs, validated inputs and graphs, and email reminders to enter a weight. Ridiculously over the top, but a fun little side project. Fun to me. Probably not to anyone else, that's why it's in here :D 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952v2o4i1drekunhdmvudz

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Which is why Torx is superior. Unless we talk about T2 or T3, because **** those tiny fiddly bastards

I literally do not understand how anyone watches baseball and doesnt fall asleep. One of the most boring sports ive watched. Tried wtaching three times and fell asleep each time. Just no excitement whatsoever 

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I literally do not understand how anyone watches baseball and doesnt fall asleep. One of the most boring sports ive watched. Tried wtaching three times and fell asleep each time. Just no excitement whatsoever 

See also: cricket. 

• Like 1

Â