The Boring Thread

Spoony

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I literally do not understand how anyone watches baseball and doesnt fall asleep. One of the most boring sports ive watched. Tried wtaching three times and fell asleep each time. Just no excitement whatsoever 

Probably doesn’t help that it’s shown in the middle of the night here

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Probably doesn’t help that it’s shown in the middle of the night here

I bet even if i watched it during the day i would fall asleep. Like MJ says cricket as well. Really boring sports. I have no idea how people get excitement out of those sports 

• 1 month later...

Here's a nice read about how inflation is measured.

London Review of Books

The prices they collected towards the end of 2022 showed that inflation was higher than at any point in a millennial’s lifetime; higher than at any point since the prime minister was in nappies (nappies cost 18 per cent more than they did last year). Of course, inflation isn’t the only problem with the UK economy: productivity is flatlining and house prices are at a record multiple of the average salary. But inflation is unusual among economic problems in having its own ready-made metaphor; this ‘basket of goods’ which is also stuffed with services, and whose contents – even without the challenges thrown up by trade union subs, pet insurance or the cost of window-cleaning for a three-bed semi – no actual basket could ever contain. In reality it’s a list, comprising more than seven hundred items, including small caged mammals and kerosene.

On 03/01/2023 at 06:43, Demitri_C said:

I literally do not understand how anyone watches baseball and doesnt fall asleep. One of the most boring sports ive watched. Tried wtaching three times and fell asleep each time. Just no excitement whatsoever 

I went to a game in Atlanta when I was there 

There were cheerleaders in some rather fetching costumes , I quite enjoyed myself  

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I went to a game in Atlanta when I was there 

There were cheerleaders in some rather fetching costumes , I quite enjoyed myself  

Im sure that part was enjoyable 😂

Just dont see what the excitement is all about.  Looks more fun to play than watch

9 hours ago, M_Allback_14 said:

Working in an office post Covid 

I find it a struggle now, when it is busy. I can't filter out the noise. I barely get any work done anymore. Got too used to working at home. 

I made the effort to go in for a series of in person meetings a couple of weeks ago, first time I have in about a year, and within about 20 minutes I was regretting it. Unless it's absolutely essential, I'm never going in again, it's shit, people are **** annoying.

• 1 month later...

2 fun things to talk about.

I’m really getting into chilli recently, I think I’ve undervalued it over the years. In fact I think Mexican food is generally underrated in the UK.

I’ve stopped using shower gel and I’m now using soap. I got given some posh soap at Christmas and it smelt nice, lasted ages and I realised it’s probably better for the planet not using plastic bottles.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just ate three banana flavoured jammy dodgers. They were alright.

All of them.

Edited by mottaloo

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I just ate three banana flavoured jammy dodgers. They were alright.

All of them.

cat-meme-face-cat-meme.gif

• Haha 3

Aston Uni got a shout-out in this video for their AI-work on traffic lights. VillaTalk watcher (other that me) confirmed.

62naclw.png

3QIcJHH.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2023 at 21:12, Paddywhack said:

I’m really getting into chilli recently, I think I’ve undervalued it over the years.

I find it quite bland as standard. Needs to be spicy for me.

• Like 1

In the first ever episode of One Foot in the Grave, when Victor goes into the MOT garage place to see where his car is, he announces himself as "Victor Meldrew, the crimson avenger". 

Its only recently that I realised he's talking about his car - a red Hillman Avenger! 

I initially thought he was referring about being red faced and angry (he was) about the delay. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â