The Boring Thread

Spoony

About 15 years ago I had 10 Personal Training sessions.

Afterwards, the trainer asked me to write him a review.

I said I would, but never got round to it.

Every now and then I find myself thinking "I must do that review". Then I have to remind myself that it really doesn't matter anymore. It was 15 years ago. And I can't even remember his name. I should let it go

• Like 1

I have a little swirl in my beard, but it’s only on the left side around where the corner of my jawbone is.

This swirl is incredibly irritating, the hairs feel coarser, more wire-y. It’s like they’re in growing or brushing up against each other. I’m constantly pulling out the nastier little ones.

This nearly went in the TTPYOTS thread but I erred on the side of caution that my gripe is too dull and minor to dislodge the Great Butter Debate of ‘23.

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I have a little swirl in my beard, but it’s only on the left side around where the corner of my jawbone is.

This swirl is incredibly irritating, the hairs feel coarser, more wire-y. It’s like they’re in growing or brushing up against each other. I’m constantly pulling out the nastier little ones.

This nearly went in the TTPYOTS thread but I erred on the side of caution that my gripe is too dull and minor to dislodge the Great Butter Debate of ‘23.

My beard bugbear is that no hairs whatsoever grow on the area directly in front of my ears. Which means I have never been able to have even the most modest sideburns. The rest of the beard is fine, but it will never join up with the hair on my head. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My beard bugbear is that no hairs whatsoever grow on the area directly in front of my ears. Which means I have never been able to have even the most modest sideburns. The rest of the beard is fine, but it will never join up with the hair on my head. 

I have the exact same issue.  When I first grew a beard my hair was long enough to cover it.  No more.

🔸"This is the largest fossilized human turd ever found. It belonged to a sick Viking in the 9th Century AD, and has been valued at $39,000".

The large, “precious” Poop, officially known as the Lloyds Bank Coprolite,
the word “Coprolite” simply meaning fossilized dung. This 1200 year old log that is thought to be the largest recorded in human history.

At 8 inches long and 2 inches wide, specimen was discovered, in York northwest England in 1972 by construction workers during the building of a Lloyds TSB branch, in an area once ruled by Norse warriors. It takes its name from institution Lloyds Bank.

The huge poo had another red-letter moment in 1991 when dung scientist Dr. Andrew Jones appraised the piece in the name of insurance. “This is the most exciting piece of excrement I’ve ever seen,” he told the Wall Street Journal at the time. “In its own way, it’s as irreplaceable as the Crown Jewels.”

Paleoscatologists have been able to discern much from the girthy deposit, including that its producer ate mostly meat and bread was likely a Viking, lived in approximately the 9th Century AD, and had a gut full of parasites. Indeed, the manure was found to be infested with Whipworm and Maw-worm eggs, suggesting the Viking often had an upset stomach and other gastrointestinal problems.

Today, the log resides in a glass box at the Jorvik Viking Centre, York, England; where, in 2003, visitors dropped it, breaking it into three pieces. It has since been repaired.

The Centre is proud to call itself the turd’s final resting place, even hosting a virtual workshop in February called “Poo Day!” in which fans learned about the dung’s significance. 

© New York Post

FB

FB_IMG_1697297485154.jpg

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

🔸"This is the largest fossilized human turd ever found. It belonged to a sick Viking in the 9th Century AD, and has been valued at $39,000".

The large, “precious” Poop, officially known as the Lloyds Bank Coprolite,
the word “Coprolite” simply meaning fossilized dung. This 1200 year old log that is thought to be the largest recorded in human history.

At 8 inches long and 2 inches wide, specimen was discovered, in York northwest England in 1972 by construction workers during the building of a Lloyds TSB branch, in an area once ruled by Norse warriors. It takes its name from institution Lloyds Bank.

The huge poo had another red-letter moment in 1991 when dung scientist Dr. Andrew Jones appraised the piece in the name of insurance. “This is the most exciting piece of excrement I’ve ever seen,” he told the Wall Street Journal at the time. “In its own way, it’s as irreplaceable as the Crown Jewels.”

Paleoscatologists have been able to discern much from the girthy deposit, including that its producer ate mostly meat and bread was likely a Viking, lived in approximately the 9th Century AD, and had a gut full of parasites. Indeed, the manure was found to be infested with Whipworm and Maw-worm eggs, suggesting the Viking often had an upset stomach and other gastrointestinal problems.

Today, the log resides in a glass box at the Jorvik Viking Centre, York, England; where, in 2003, visitors dropped it, breaking it into three pieces. It has since been repaired.

The Centre is proud to call itself the turd’s final resting place, even hosting a virtual workshop in February called “Poo Day!” in which fans learned about the dung’s significance. 

© New York Post

FB

FB_IMG_1697297485154.jpg

Any speculation on whether he stood or sat when he wiped?

• Haha 1

Â