The Boring Thread

Spoony

I moved house over a year ago and since then I have had a shed load of old crap in the boot of my car I meant to scrap.

I took it out this weekend and I cannot believe how sluggish and hard work my car was. 1st and 2nd gear are an absolute dream. So light. So responsive.

Reset my mpg counter and will report back!

Got up early to look at my Q2 bookkeeping as I heard your brain is better at boring tasks in the morning. Got finished early so am going to look at my milage next. Think I'll try and do this every quarter.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Very true, but I quite like it like that. Not everything has to be great, sometimes it's just nice to play it cool, and cool things down, it's okay to be average.

This is an interesting post for me, ironically residing in the 'boring' thread. I've spent some minutes pondering it.

It takes all sorts to make the world and every sort has their take.

With great power comes great responsibility, and I believe that both reside in everyone. We are not merely inanimate numbers and objects who's purpose is to be measured.

We are the phenomena that is life, which is pretty, well, phenomenal! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that..

There is some degree of insanity in greatness, if you think about it. Distinction doesn't come from following what is commonplace.

You know the expression and imagery of pulling your hair out with stress?

I did this a few months ago, only to a very healthy buffalo beard that had been growing for years.

Was thin and straggly within an hour or two of me starting to pull it out. Needless to say stress levels were abnormal.

I had to shave the rest off because there was no salvaging it. People I know were tripping out when they saw me clean shaved.

My beard was a big part of what people identified me with, in basketball I was often called "the white James Harden"

Anyway, the beard is back.

17 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I know Lynx Africa is joked about and it’s become synonymous with teenage boys at school discos, but I still think it smells quite nice.

• Haha 1

I have successfully shrunk two pairs of trousers today and now they fit perfectly. 

It was a gamble as I wasn’t sure how long to tumble dry them for, in order to get the required amount of shrinkage, but it paid off. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â