The Boring Thread

Spoony

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You may be misunderstanding; I don't put the sauces in the fridge because I'm afraid of them going off, I put them in the fridge because that's where they belong. 

Do you store your cutlery in there too?

I've never heard of people putting sauces in the fridge, I don't like them to begin with, but can imagine them tasting even worse if you were to pour them chilled on hot food. Same with marmalade and jam. Not so long back people didn't have refrigerators so just had to get on with it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I've never heard of people putting sauces in the fridge, I don't like them to begin with, but can imagine them tasting even worse if you were to pour them chilled on hot food. Same with marmalade and jam. Not so long back people didn't have refrigerators so just had to get on with it.

Aye, a bit of listeria never did us any harm. 

12 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah ketchup lives in the fridge. Chocolate too, if there’s any. 

I dilute squash and keep that refrigerated too, much prefer it chilled.

Dunno what to say, except this man Gets It. 

• Like 1

Refrigerators are for foods that need refrigerating. You wouldn't take Insulin for reasons other than it's intended use. Besides who said anything about anyone refusing to use a fridge, some people might not be able to afford one, so have to rely on fresh produce every day.

Yeah this conversation has resulted in me looking at the storage directions on condiments, jams, etc. All say keep refrigerated once opened. Probably not necessary, but I don’t think it’s incorrect to store them in the fridge.

I know that this isn't boring, but I was actually thinking the other day that surely they can invent milk bottles or whatever that after you've opened them, can be resealed as if they were never opened in the first place. I guess it's a form of planned obsolescence, and they want you to have to keep buying stuff before it goes bad.

Edited by useless

8 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

All say keep refrigerated once opened. Probably not necessary, but I don’t think it’s incorrect to store them in the fridge.

This is what happens when you employ lawyers

Decided to flog my CD collection rather than shift it to Germany, got just over a thousand, can't be bothered with ebay I haven't got the time, I've got maybe a half day slot in September to do it

Currently formatting an excel spreadsheet where I'm searching through my Spotify and my memory to list out what I've got, then having to use HMV or discogs for the barcode then putting that in to ziffit, music magpie and momox to see who gives me the best price (and the range can be mental) 

Its a grind... Can't imagine the sorting scanning and boxing of them to be much fun either 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Decided to flog my CD collection rather than shift it to Germany, got just over a thousand,

You'll be lucky to get more than £200. Very few CDs retain any value at all

I don't want to sell it, but I've got a 12 cd boxset, and had a look on music magpie to see how much they'd pay for it out of curiosity, and they quoted me 24p. At the moment the cheapest copy on discogs is £140.

Edited by useless

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

You'll be lucky to get more than £200. Very few CDs retain any value at all

I know yeah but I charity shopped about 100 dvds and 300 books, CDs I got to try

Vinyl I've got to drive over, CD sales will hopefully pay for the trip

The "we don't return rejected CDs" policy will be interesting 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't want to sell it, but I've got a 12 cd boxset, and had a look on music magpie to see how much they'd pay for it out of curiosity, and they quoted me 24p. At the moment the cheapest copy on discogs is £140.

From what I've done so far I would say ziffit are the best, momox if they want something can offer a lot more, music magpie are shit prices but they take everything 

I've priced 147 of them music magpie are £10 off ziffit, if I'm clever and split it across the 3 websites I can get £30 more than sending them all to ziffit 

Â