The Boring Thread

Spoony

Using the search function to find famous people who have never been mentioned on this forum, kind of like 'googlewhack', but with celebrities and restricted to this site. The 'father of medicine' is one, as is the authoer of 'Vanity Fair', but there has to be more modern famous people that have never been referred to, I thought maybe someone like Audrey Hepburn, but she's been mentioned a few times.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Using the search function to find famous people who have never been mentioned on this forum, kind of like 'googlewhack', but with celebrities and restricted to this site. The 'father of medicine' is one, as is the authoer of 'Vanity Fair', but there has to be more modern famous people that have never been referred to, I thought maybe someone like Audrey Hepburn, but she's been mentioned a few times.

Has Deadly Doug ever been mentioned by his proper name? :crylaugh:

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Do you refrigerate chocolate?

I don't. 

I struggle to eat it if it hasn’t been put in the fridge or freezer ... the difference in taste with cold chocolate v room temperature is bigger than the gap between us and Blues 

15 hours ago, useless said:

I was trying to work out the most famous person

Real would surely be Mohammed

fictional would be Jesus soon to be overtaken by Harry Potter 

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Do you refrigerate chocolate?

I don't. 

Yes I do.

I mean, not if I bought one bar from the shop and want to eat it straight away. I wouldn't bring it back to my house, put it in the fridge, wait for it to go cold and then eat it. That would be weird.

But if I buy a big bar of chocolate or a multipack then it goes in the fridge.

Not particularly because I like the taste better when it's cold, but chocolate melting while you're eating it is annoying, so the cold temperature keeps it from melting for longer.

Thanks for listening

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I struggle to eat it if it hasn’t been put in the fridge or freezer ... the difference in taste with cold chocolate v room temperature is bigger than the gap between us and Blues 

I agree, refrigerated chocolate is the small heath of the confectionary world. 

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fighting talk from a man who's got what looks suspiciously like shit all over his fingers! 

It may well be... that madras is playing havoc with my gippy tummy!

Chocolate isn't refrigerated when stored at the factory, nor is it refrigerated when it is transported. Its not refrigerated at the shop/supermarket either. It doesn't belong there. 

Next you'll be telling me you put your ketchup in the fridge! 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Chocolate isn't refrigerated when stored at the factory, nor is it refrigerated when it is transported. Its not refrigerated at the shop/supermarket either. It doesn't belong there. 

It was a warm day and it was quite soft. I don't mind a regular room temperature bar, but this was too soft.

Just now, Genie said:

It was a warm day and it was quite soft. I don't mind a regular room temperature bar, but this was too soft.

We have common ground. In extreme heat, like the other week, I had to temporary store my penguins in the fridge. 

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

Guilty as charged! Well, I would be if I ever had ketchup in the house anyway. 

Ketchup esp the obvious most common brand would last a millennia before it went off, more preservatives than tomato (which also shouldn't be stored in the fridge)

My missus also puts jam in the fridge and it doesn't matter how many times I tell her its so full of sugar it won't go off for bloody months she doesn't care

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Ketchup esp the obvious most common brand would last a millennia before it went off, more preservatives than tomato (which also shouldn't be stored in the fridge)

My missus also puts jam in the fridge and it doesn't matter how many times I tell her its so full of sugar it won't go off for bloody months she doesn't care

You may be misunderstanding; I don't put the sauces in the fridge because I'm afraid of them going off, I put them in the fridge because that's where they belong. 

• Like 1

Â