The Boring Thread

Spoony

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

I just chopped up a bag of carrots

I cut up some carrots the other day for a stew. I chopped them lengthwise into 4 quarters, then sliced them across into chunks - they were big carrots.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

I cut up some carrots the other day for a stew. I chopped them lengthwise into 4 quarters, then sliced them across into chunks - they were big carrots.

I took some to Sutton park the other day and fed them to the wild horses. 

I didn’t know if they’d eat them. They’re wild so I didn’t know if they’d know what a carrot was. 
But they loved them. Gobbled then up. 

But then I saw a notice that said I shouldn’t feed animals in the park. So then I got worried. 

FYI the cows in the park weren’t interested. Didn’t even flinch at the sight of a carrot

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Peeling potatoes provides an irritation to satisfaction ratio of 80:20 

I'd put the ratio at 99:1 myself. **** hate it.

I love potatos but will deliberately avoid a meal with them in if it means I have to peel them :D 

• Like 1

On 20/04/2020 at 14:04, mjmooney said:

How do you cut your sandwich/slice of toast? 

Horizontal cut across the middle? 

Diagonal cut? 

Quarters? (Surely only for children?) 

No cut at all? 

When I was a kid, I always went for the horizontal cut - and I was convinced that the 'round' half (from the top of the loaf) tasted better than the 'square' half. 

Nowadays I favour the diagonal - a more sophisticated and adult style, I feel. 

Horizontal for 'messy' sandwiches with lots of fillings. For a basic sandwich (like Marmite or salami, for instance) I don't bother cutting it at all.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Peeling potatoes provides an irritation to satisfaction ratio of 80:20 

Yeah. Luckily since”artisan” everything was invented it’s ok not to **** bother. Ready made excuse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah. Luckily since”artisan” everything was invented it’s ok not to **** bother. Ready made excuse.

Don't forget to 'curate' them. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Onions. A leek. A carrot. Some stock. 

Oh. I am mildly surprised you haven't mentioned beetroot. 

If i was to announce that i was making beetroot soup, i would mention i was putting beetroot in it.

But i am not intending to make beetroot soup later today. I might try it tomorrow. 

Or i might not. It's an interesting conundrum. I wonder what James Milner would do in this situation ? Hmmm.

• Like 1

Â