The Boring Thread

Spoony

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I am just sat here. No one in, no tv on because it’s only free view. Just sat looking out of the window . 

Aren't you looking at your phone posting on VT?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 20/10/2019 at 16:37, Rugeley Villa said:

I am just sat here. No one in, no tv on because it’s only free view. Just sat looking out of the window . 

Anyone heard from vacuum boy lately?

it's been a while...not answering PM's either...:suspect:

• 2 months later...

I switch between playing PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch quite a lot.

On the PS4, generally the X button is ‘select’ and the circle button is ‘back’.

On the Nintendo, usually the B button is ‘select’ and the A button is ‘back’.

However, the B button is where the X button is on the playstation and the A button is where the circle button is.

You’d think that this would be very awkward and confusing switching between the two consoles, but strangely the issue is rarely raised and doesn’t seem to be much of a problem for anyone.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

However, the B button is where the X button is on the playstation and the A button is where the circle button is.

You’d think that this would be very awkward and confusing switching between the two consoles, but strangely the issue is rarely raised and doesn’t seem to be much of a problem for anyone.

Thanks for reading.

I have to use an x box controller to access Netflix.

Never ever having played an xbox game, all this toggle / push / click the red / green / X / A / B .....I have stopped accessing Netflix.

Also, the kids have made my icon some sort fat red faced angry bird and I don’t know how to change it.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Thanks for reading.

On the contrary, this is an issue with me.

A is usually select or advance on the Switch, but it's where the circle button is on the PS4 which would be "back".

This confuses me greatly. Even though I haven't played my PS4 in months, I can't get used to the Switch orientation.

I also find I can never remember the orientation of the switch buttons. If the game says "press X", I have to check where X is. 

Whereas on the PS4 I had that shit burned into my brain.

This is why games like Breath of the Wild are so intuitive, because they don't just say "Press A", they put a tiny little diagram up shwoing you where that button is on your controller so you just know.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Thanks for reading.

Japanese PS4 users are more accustomed to using X as the back button and O as a menu button, particularly in RPGs. 

In the west, we generally default to O as the back button and ^ as the menu button. 

Switching between playing PAL release and JP release Trails games recently has been difficult for this reason. As soon as I get used to one way, I play the other, and press the wrong buttons. And when I switch back... 

A vicious circle. 

Also annoying that I could not correctly use a 'Traingle' character in the above. 

Edited by hogso

We've had a mouse living in our loft for a few weeks , the little bugger has somehow managed to evade triggering the humane catch and release traps  whilst managing to eat its body weight in chocolate that I put in them .(I'm actually surprised it hadn't  died of diabetes he got through so much of it !! )

He made a noise like a T-rex was living in the loft  and kept waking us up so alas,  i had to go a bit more drastic and put a Tom and jerry style mouse trap down  .... went up last night and there was Jerry , dead under the trap , had these little cute but dead eyes staring back at me as if to say "Why" .

My daughter insisted we bury him in the garden , so i got drenched  giving a funeral to a mouse that basically ate my stash of Cadburys and nibbled through some football programmes and other stuff stored up in the loft

53 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

We've had a mouse living in our loft for a few weeks , the little bugger has somehow managed to evade triggering the humane catch and release traps  whilst managing to eat its body weight in chocolate that I put in them .(I'm actually surprised it hadn't  died of diabetes he got through so much of it !! )

He made a noise like a T-rex was living in the loft  and kept waking us up so alas,  i had to go a bit more drastic and put a Tom and jerry style mouse trap down  .... went up last night and there was Jerry , dead under the trap , had these little cute but dead eyes staring back at me as if to say "Why" .

My daughter insisted we bury him in the garden , so i got drenched  giving a funeral to a mouse that basically ate my stash of Cadburys and nibbled through some football programmes and other stuff stored up in the loft

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Here are my thoughts on some foods:

Mushy peas - 8/10

I hated mushy peas when I tried them as a kid and I hadn’t had them again until recently and now I really like them. (Them? It? I think ‘it’. It’s one big thing, not lots of little things. It should be mashed peas)

Coleslaw - 6/10

Another food that I hated as a kid, but have started eating more in the last few years. Strange one; sometimes I really enjoy it, other times I think it’s nasty.

There are some foods that I never used to liked but now I do like. However, I can’t think of any foods that I used to like but now I don’t. 

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

Â