The Boring Thread

Spoony

9 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Mushy peas - 8/10

I hated mushy peas when I tried them as a kid and I hadn’t had them again until recently and now I really like them. (Them? It? I think ‘it’. It’s one big thing, not lots of little things. It should be mashed peas)

Coleslaw - 6/10

Excellent use of the mundane “marks out of 10” scale. Further approval for getting the scores absolutely correct on both items. Perfect for the boring thread. Nothing new, nothing to argue with.

A few days ago I had some mushy peas from a tin that had a best before date of 2012. They were a delicious accompaniment to some fish and chips. 8/10.

Was gonna have some gravy as well, but the gravy had also passed it’s best before date, and was minging, so had to go down the drain.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Here are my thoughts on some foods:

Mushy peas - 8/10

I hated mushy peas when I tried them as a kid and I hadn’t had them again until recently and now I really like them. (Them? It? I think ‘it’. It’s one big thing, not lots of little things. It should be mashed peas)

Coleslaw - 6/10

Another food that I hated as a kid, but have started eating more in the last few years. Strange one; sometimes I really enjoy it, other times I think it’s nasty.

There are some foods that I never used to liked but now I do like. However, I can’t think of any foods that I used to like but now I don’t. 

I’d swap your ratings. 

For me coleslaw can brighten up a dinner. Boring salad? Lob some coleslaw on there and bam! Nice salad. 

Jacket potato and beans... that’s a bit boring. BAM! Now it’s got coleslaw on it. Delicious. 

Peas are one of the most boring vegetables going, so anything that manages to make them more interesting gets some marks, but it’s still peas. 

mush peas 6/10

coleslaw 8/10

your ratings 5/10

see me after class

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Jacket potato and beans... that’s a bit boring. BAM! Now it’s got cheese on it. Delicious.

FTFY.

Coleslaw has no place on baked beans 🤮🤢

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

FTFY.

Oh cheese is a whole other level. You could melt cheese onto dog shit and I’d probably eat it

• Haha 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Oh cheese is a whole other level.

What I will grant you is the coleslaw with baked potato combo, as long as there’s some other salad stuff - tomato, onion, leaves, etc. Used to be my go to dinner in the old works canteen. Healthy and tasty. But they knocked it down and built a new one.

Coleslaw can partially rescue overdone pizza.

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Tinned tomato soup. 

Had branded spaghetti hoops the other day. Very disappointing. The rich thick sauce, wasn't.

Putting it down to a combination of a spicy diet and manufacturers reducing sugar and salt in stuff.

3 hours ago, blandy said:

FTFY.

You of all people, are in no position to judge people’s culinary predilections.

Anyway, on coleslaw, there are two types readily available in food stores. The thick creamy variety or the thin and watery variety. people will try to be good and buy the low fat version, but this is the salad world version of the squits.

My missus makes a great fresh coleslaw, salad cream for a bit of sharpness, far more pepper than you would think should go in it. The best coleslaw.

I’ve always liked all pea formats, I’ve been very consistent on this point. Processed peas and mushy peas are great in the correct environment. As are garden peas.

35 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You of all people, are in no position to judge people’s culinary predilections.

I wondered how long that would take :)

Anyway, on coleslaw, there are two types readily available in food stores. The thick creamy variety or the thin and watery variety. people will try to be good and buy the low fat version, but this is the salad world version of the squits.

My missus makes a great fresh coleslaw, salad cream for a bit of sharpness, far more pepper than you would think should go in it. The best coleslaw.

I’ve always liked all pea formats, I’ve been very consistent on this point. Processed peas and mushy peas are great in the correct environment. As are garden peas.

I will judge this, regardless and determine it to be.....

sound opinion. Damn!

• Like 1

Store bought coleslaw is ok but homemade coleslaw is fan-****-tastic.

Finely chopped cabbage, carrot and a small amount of red onion. Mayo, yoghurt, salt, pepper, cider vinegar and a pinch of sugar.

Thank me later.

Edited by StefanAVFC

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Football messageboards used to be about where to meet up to ambush the other team.

Now its coleslaw recipes.

Us hipsters just say slaw nowadays. 

• Like 3

Â