Jose Mourinho

TRO

People do realise that Chelsea are allowed to put somebody else in goal, right?

And that Mark Schwarzer isn't a one armed blind man?

A club of Chelsea's size and calibre should have a better keeper on the bench then Schwarzer. Now I rated Schwarzer very highly when he was at Boro a decade ago, but he is well past it now. Next season they should bring back Courtois back as number one and have Cech as the bench warmer, although I doubt Cech would accept being on the bench and would want to leave. 

Edited by Voinjama

Next season they should bring back Courtois back as number one and have Cech as the bench warmer, although I doubt Cech would accept being on the bench and would want to leave. 

Unless he was allowed to wear that little money spinner on his head while sitting on the bench

A club of Chelsea's size and calibre should have a better keeper on the bench then Schwarzer. Now I rated Schwarzer very highly when he was at Boro a decade ago, but he is well past it now. Next season they should bring back Courtois back as number one and have Cech as the bench warmer, although I doubt Cech would accept being on the bench and would want to leave.

I don't disagree.

But people are talking as if they are doomed on the weekend just because schwarzer is in goal.

He's still a decent keeper.

Tell that to Andy Townsend. He seems to think Schwarzer is less mobile than Steven Hawking

Chelsea for all their talent were so bloody boring last night.  I know it is a game plan and it worked but if you spend that much money you expect a team capable of playing good football to beat teams.

They did what they needed to do. Jose seems to be better on the big occasion. If they get through next week, then it'll be perfect tactics, but they will have to attack a bit more. They can do it, as the PSG game showed. 

How they have lost to Villa, Palace and Sunderland in recent weeks! I'd be furious if i was Jose... players only turn up for the big occasion

Chelsea for all their talent were so bloody boring last night. I know it is a game plan and it worked but if you spend that much money you expect a team capable of playing good football to beat teams.

I don't think any team in Europe can expect to beat teams playing away in the semi final of the Champions League.

Mourinho got his tactics spot on and have a slight advantage playing home in the second leg. We would all be applauding him if he was our manager (as the Chelsea fans do).

It's one thing to not like his personality but his record speaks for itself.

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 2

He's a tactical genius*

*does not include the times when his incredibly expensively assembled squad get beat by crap teams

I think its funny that they scrambled a 0-0 against a team as financially poor as Atletico and it was praised as a brilliant result for the underdog. Mourinho playing the pauper card really is hilarious

I thought Chelsea did what they could.

No Hazard and Etoo, who are key to the counter attack. Oscar wouldn't have been suited to this game without them. Missing Ivanovic, Ramires, and Matic who is cup tied. Im pretty sure Jose would have taken 0-0, got them 4 key players back and gone again at home.

If he didn't have injuries then he would have lined up how they did when they beat Man City away 1-0. You cant win the game in this leg but you can lose it.

Â