Jose Mourinho

TRO

I don't think even a Mcleish team would have adopted the time wasting and spoiling tactics that Mourinho did yesterday. Even early on in the game they were taking the ball into the corner of the pitch, taking ages over throw-ins and freekicks. Players lying on the floor feigning injury. If that type of football brings success then I will give up watching. At least Rodgers gets his teams to play the game in the spirit it should be played

As most on here hate Liverpool then it doesn't matter.

Haha yeah ok.

At least Rodgers gets his teams to play the game in the spirit it should be played.

I never got this type of mantra. There is no objective way the "game should be played". Football is a sport, the aim of which is to beat your opponents.

At least Rodgers gets his teams to play the game in the spirit it should be played.

I never got this type of mantra. There is no objective way the "game should be played". Football is a sport, the aim of which is to beat your opponents.

If both teams adopted the Mourinho way yesterday it would be a pretty dull match. 

If both teams adopted the Mourinho way yesterday it would be a pretty dull match.

It is Mourinho's job to win the match, not entertain the neutral.

And its worse than Liverpool's diving how exactly?

And its worse than Liverpool's diving how exactly?

Need I answer that?

I don't think Mourinho could have walked into Liverpool and done what Rodgers has done but I wouldn't mind betting that if were the other way around Rodgers would be doing very well indeed at Chelsea.

As for who's crying themselves to sleep Liverpool are still two points ahead of Chelsea so as it stand their style of play has been more succesful and I think for Chelsea's season to perceived as a success they need to win one of the trophies that they're going for, despite it being Mourinho's first season.

And as people say there is nothing wrong with defensive football if it yields success with success being relative to a club's ambitions and expectations.

(Gah! I've managed to confuse myself hopefully it makes sense.)

You don't think Jose could have turned up at Liverpool, with players like Gerrard and Suarez and £100m to spend and made them title contenders by his second season? I do, I think that is exactly what he would do.

Totally agree. Basically naming Rodgers a better manager is wildly inaccurate. Firstly, Liverpool have spent a lot of money and they have Suarez who is basically three players in one. Chelsea have had the Champions League which they still compete in and they lack really good strikers, something they will surely have next year.

Rodgers has done a really good job and perfected their style, but he does have a lot of expensive players at his disposal. However, Mourinho is already a legend and Rodgers will be lucky to even achieve half of what he has done.

I don't think even a Mcleish team would have adopted the time wasting and spoiling tactics that Mourinho did yesterday. Even early on in the game they were taking the ball into the corner of the pitch, taking ages over throw-ins and freekicks. Players lying on the floor feigning injury. If that type of football brings success then I will give up watching. At least Rodgers gets his teams to play the game in the spirit it should be played. 

As most on here hate Liverpool then it doesn't matter.

Do you not undertstand why he did this? It was part of the tack ticks. Liverpool are known for coming out fast and fading.

I don't think Mourinho could have walked into Liverpool and done what Rodgers has done but I wouldn't mind betting that if were the other way around Rodgers would be doing very well indeed at Chelsea.

As for who's crying themselves to sleep Liverpool are still two points ahead of Chelsea so as it stand their style of play has been more succesful and I think for Chelsea's season to perceived as a success they need to win one of the trophies that they're going for, despite it being Mourinho's first season.

And as people say there is nothing wrong with defensive football if it yields success with success being relative to a club's ambitions and expectations.

You don't think Jose could have turned up at Liverpool, with players like Gerrard and Suarez and £100m to spend and made them title contenders by his second season? I do, I think that is exactly what he would do.

Firstly, Liverpool have spent a lot of money and they have Suarez who is basically three players in one.

Quite - he ate two others.

• Like 3

But maybe they score so many goals because they throw everything forwards?  If they play more defensively to sure things up at the back then they will almost certainly not be as prolific, things at one end of the pitch do affect the other. 

• Like 1

Totally agree. Basically naming Rodgers a better manager is wildly inaccurate. Firstly, Liverpool have spent a lot of money and they have Suarez who is basically three players in one. Chelsea have had the Champions League which they still compete in and they lack really good strikers, something they will surely have next year.

Rodgers has done a really good job and perfected their style, but he does have a lot of expensive players at his disposal. However, Mourinho is already a legend and Rodgers will be lucky to even achieve half of what he has done.

I haven't said Rodgers is a better manager. I think Mourinho's achievements at Porto will more than likely trump anything Rodgers might do. But put Rodger's in charge of Chelsea or Real madrid with their resources and I'm sure he'd do a good job.

Plus Chelsea have spent a lot more than Liverpool and have the advantage in that respect all that I'm saying is that this season Rodgers has achieved more than Mourinho unless Chelsea happen to win a trophy.

I think if Rodgers managed Chelsea and Real Madrid then he probably would achieve at least half of what Mourinho has done.

100% but they've still got a couple of special players up front. Chelsea aren't boring week in week out, it was only a few weeks ago they put 6 past Arsenal.

Chelsea have scored almost 70 goals this season without a recognised striker, that's not bad really.

100% but they've still got a couple of special players up front. Chelsea aren't boring week in week out, it was only a few weeks ago they put 6 past Arsenal.

Chelsea have scored almost 70 goals this season without a recognised striker, that's not bad really.

Yes, Mourinho is the ultimate pragmatist. The idea that he is inherently negative is false although he is most comfortable playing spoiler tactics against the best footballing sides and very effective he is at it too.

But maybe they score so many goals because they throw everything forwards? If they play more defensively to sure things up at the back then they will almost certainly not be as prolific, things at one end of the pitch do affect the other.

exactly. Its about playing to the team's strengths.

If Liverpool tried to play like Chelsea they wouldn't be as good.

If Chelsea played like Liverpool they wouldn't be as good.

Its why the good football myth is bollocks. You can play attractive football and yet it is still wrong. Tony Mowbray at WBA for example.

• Like 1

Yes it would have been dull, but Liverpool would still be in the driving seat for the title. Yes we would all like to see free flowing football. But first and foremost you have to get the results (arsenal fans over the last few years will probably testify to that)

• Like 3

But you could say that if Chelsea had adopted a style similar to Liverpool's in some of their matches then they would be in the driving seat for the title they've got the players to do it I would think.

But you could say that if Chelsea had adopted a style similar to Liverpool's in some of their matches then they would be in the driving seat for the title they've got the players to do it I would think.

True. You should get hold of Jose Mourinho's phone number ASAP and tell him how he should be doing his job. ;) 

• Like 2

Â