Jose Mourinho

TRO

I don't think Mourinho could have walked into Liverpool and done what Rodgers has done but I wouldn't mind betting that if were the other way around Rodgers would be doing very well indeed at Chelsea.

As for who's crying themselves to sleep Liverpool are still two points ahead of Chelsea so as it stand their style of play has been more succesful and I think for Chelsea's season to perceived as a success they need to win one of the trophies that  they're going for, despite it being Mourinho's first season.

And as people say there is nothing wrong with defensive football if it yields success with success being relative to a club's ambitions and expectations.

(Gah! I've managed to confuse myself hopefully it makes sense.)

You don't think Jose could have turned up at Liverpool, with players like Gerrard and Suarez and £100m to spend and made them title contenders by his second season? I do, I think that is exactly what he would do.

I wasn't aware that Rodgers had spent that much but no I don't think Mourinho could have achieved the same. Not saying he's a bad manager or anything because obviously he's not.

What is the difference between Alex Mcleish and Jose Mourinho? Both employ similar tactics yet one is much maligned and the other is the messiah

if you can't see the difference between the two and the way their respective teams have played the game then I suggest you stop watching football, or start. Whichever is applicable.

As a moderator of this fine forum I would have thought you would know better than to get personal. Yes point out I'm wrong but there's no need to insult me.

And I would suggest that you stop posting things to get a reaction. I don't believe for one minute you can't see a difference between McLeish and Mourinho. 

• Like 3

I don't think Mourinho could have walked into Liverpool and done what Rodgers has done but I wouldn't mind betting that if were the other way around Rodgers would be doing very well indeed at Chelsea.

As for who's crying themselves to sleep Liverpool are still two points ahead of Chelsea so as it stand their style of play has been more succesful and I think for Chelsea's season to perceived as a success they need to win one of the trophies that  they're going for, despite it being Mourinho's first season.

And as people say there is nothing wrong with defensive football if it yields success with success being relative to a club's ambitions and expectations.

(Gah! I've managed to confuse myself hopefully it makes sense.)

You don't think Jose could have turned up at Liverpool, with players like Gerrard and Suarez and £100m to spend and made them title contenders by his second season? I do, I think that is exactly what he would do.

I wasn't aware that Rodgers had spent that much but no I don't think Mourinho could have achieved the same. Not saying he's a bad manager or anything because obviously he's not.

He'd have done it a different way that's all. 

What is the difference between Alex Mcleish and Jose Mourinho? Both employ similar tactics yet one is much maligned and the other is the messiah

if you can't see the difference between the two and the way their respective teams have played the game then I suggest you stop watching football, or start. Whichever is applicable.

As a moderator of this fine forum I would have thought you would know better than to get personal. Yes point out I'm wrong but there's no need to insult me.

And I would suggest that you stop posting things to get a reaction. I don't believe for one minute you can't see a difference between McLeish and Mourinho. 

Yes I'm aware of the difference..

I genuinely hope this is just trolling. McLeish's negative football generally *didn't* get the results which is why Small Heath were relegated and we finished with 38 points. Mourinho's football generally does get the intended results which is why he is the most successful manager of the last decade.

I genuinely hope this is just trolling. McLeish's negative football generally *didn't* get the results which is why Small Heath were relegated and we finished with 38 points. Mourinho's football generally does get the intended results which is why he is the most successful manager of the last decade.

It was just an observation and Mcleish did have success at Blues. Top 10 finish the previous season and the first major trophy in their history. Winning the cup and injuries were the reasons they got relegated. Anyway i'm not going to keep defending Mcleish. 

Edited by PaulC

No but would Mourinho have won those trophies at Blues. Anyway of course Mourinho is a far better manager. I'm not arguing that.

Then what is your actual point? 

That McLeish did better at Small Heath than could have done? It isn't much of a point given that you yourself say Jose is a far better manager.

If its that they play the same type of football then you are very very very wrong.

Mourinho is clearly one of the best managers in the last decade, and I gotta admire his ability to take the attention from the players and keep it on himself. Tactically he is great even if I don't like the style he uses, and it is very effective.

What did Mourinho say about Redknapp?

He said he was a saggy faced clearing in the woods and that he didn't believe his defence for having money in an offshore account in the name of his dog.

Oh, you mean Jamie.

Basically, that he is a gobshite that talks a lot but has never been a manager. 

Would Mourinho have done better at Small Heath than McLeish?

I'd bet my mortgage on the answer being yes.

Yes he wouldn't have got relegated...twice.

Steve Bruce was and is consistently a better Blues manager.

I said yesterday that there was people on twitter comparing McLeish and Jose. Baffles me it really dose.

He said he was a saggy faced clearing in the woods and that he didn't believe his defence for having money in an offshore account in the name of his dog.

Oh, you mean Jamie.

As opposed to his Dad. Who is a gobshite that talks a lot but is a manager 

• Like 1

Oh, you mean Jamie.

As opposed to his Dad. Who is a gobshite that talks a lot but is a manager 

Grrr I should have thought of that as well. :)

I don't think even a Mcleish team would have adopted the time wasting and spoiling tactics that Mourinho did yesterday. Even early on in the game they were taking the ball into the corner of the pitch, taking ages over throw-ins and freekicks. Players lying on the floor feigning injury. If that type of football brings success then I will give up watching. At least Rodgers gets his teams to play the game in the spirit it should be played. 

As most on here hate Liverpool then it doesn't matter.

Â