André Green

sir_gary_cahill

On 6/28/2017 at 01:30, lexicon said:

How someone conducts themselves on the training ground is not necessarily the same as how they present themselves on social media. 

No but you can get an indication of their attitude.. doesnt mean they are the same on the pitch.. but its the way in real life.. managers check your facebook profiles before hiring.. well they do here! If you have a post where your passed out on the floor (sorry Jack).. they probably wont hire you. 

Anyway.. not saying a player wont make it if he misbehaves off the field but professionalism and hard work goes a long way. 

Yes but I imagine your bosses don't send scouts to sit in the stands watching you work either, so they have a lot less to go on and thus social media is a more important thing to consider. Another example of how analogies with the real word don't really work when it comes to football. 

12 hours ago, KSV said:

No but you can get an indication of their attitude.. doesnt mean they are the same on the pitch.. but its the way in real life.. managers check your facebook profiles before hiring.. well they do here! If you have a post where your passed out on the floor (sorry Jack).. they probably wont hire you. 

Anyway.. not saying a player wont make it if he misbehaves off the field but professionalism and hard work goes a long way. 

This is probably a lot different for footballers given that they are often in the spotlight, but the way I conduct myself when I am not working (i.e. during the weekend) is a lot different to the way I conduct myself at work.

Just because I rolled around being sick in Magaluf a couple of years ago, doesn't mean that i'd do the same while having a meeting with Susan from accounts.

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Yes but I imagine your bosses don't send scouts to sit in the stands watching you work either, so they have a lot less to go on and thus social media is a more important thing to consider. Another example of how analogies with the real word don't really work when it comes to football. 

Of course its different..  but i am sure some managers will not want players who has a bad attitude off the field. I am not saying managers judge them off social media... just that from my perception of some players.. i wouldnt want to sign them. Bad influences..  etc.. but thats just my opinion. All i am saying.. if i was picking a team.. i would pick a player like Green over RHM or Grealish as he just seems more focussed and professional on and off the field. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He is currently our most explosive player at this club.

If we get promoted this season i would not be surprised if he played a key role in this happening.

He is a big talent.

Been outstanding so far, he's a great talent 

• Like 1

Tbh after watching these first few warm up games green has to start! He is simply the most dangerous player we have on the pitch atm.

It will be great to have one of our kids front and centre this season too!

• Like 3

I get the praise for Green and really do believe he will be a top player for next season - however, I just cannot see it with Davis. 

Sure he runs around a lot, but his touch isn't great and I haven't seen much of his shooting to make me believe he'll be capable of more than 3-5 goals a season if that. 

21 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I get the praise for Green and really do believe he will be a top player for next season - however, I just cannot see it with Davis. 

Sure he runs around a lot, but his touch isn't great and I haven't seen much of his shooting to make me believe he'll be capable of more than 3-5 goals a season if that. 

The Brighton game at the end of the season he really impressed me - whether he will make it or not who knows but I hope so .

Five goals a season ? We've got £12m players who look like they won't get that ;) 

Edited by Eastie

Just now, Eastie said:

The Brighton game at the end of the season he really impressed me - whether he will make it or not who knows but I hope so .

Yeah I watched that game.

he was industrious but little more IMO

he's like a slimmed down Emile heskey. 

48 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I do understand where you're coming from theboyangel but I think it's worth remembering that not so long ago, he was at Biggleswade Town. He has come a long way in a short space of time

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I do understand where you're coming from theboyangel but I think it's worth remembering that not so long ago, he was at Biggleswade Town. He has come a long way in a short space of time

Not that far , it's only 90 miles ;)

• Like 1

Â