Grant Holt

samjp26

If it's true and we have **** all money and we need cover for Kozak, who else are we going to get?

I wouldn't touch Holt with a barge pole normally but considering the circumstances what else is here to do?

Not sign Grant Holt.  That's what.  We've got three forwards in Weimann, Benteke and Gabby.  Plus those two others that Lambert signed, Bowery and Helenius.  Maybe play them, seeing as we've spent money on them?

Maybe the catering outlets are having a slow season, and Randy wants to increase pie and chip sales?

• Like 1

Some people need to get a grip. A bench player on loan. I could see if we were shelling out a few million to sign him and give him a deal. But this is simply to add cover. It's clear just by looking at those who are so against this loan that some people just want something to moan over. 

• Like 4

Some people need to get a grip. A bench player on loan. I could see if we were shelling out a few million to sign him and give him a deal. But this is simply to add cover. It's clear just by looking at those who are so against this loan that some people just want something to moan over. 

But we HAVE cover! Helenius, Bowery and Weimann. Holt doesn't improve on them.

• Like 1

Sorry but no. I count myself as a Lambert supporter and a bit if a happy clapper. This is just a terrible signing. A waste of money and demoralising. We would be better off playing with our current forwards, of whome we have many,

I don't mind as cheap like-for-like cover for Kozak. I saw him a fair bit at Shrewsbury when he was scoring for fun, so I've got time for him. he's better technically than you might think - yes he's a big, physical forward but much better than, say, Heskey when it comes to controlling the ball & striking the ball.

the biggest question will be if he's up to match fitness if he's not been playing - but I think he's going to be more for throwing on for the last half hour than starting & frankly, I'd rather Holt in that situation than Bowery, esp if we get sucked into relegation battle.

• Like 2

We had Helenius, Bowery and Weimann when we had Kozak. Now we're without Kozak so instead we have Holt until the end of the season.

I doubt there will be a loan fee, so what's the harm?

• Like 1

I can't remember another period when i had to watch so many rubbish players wear our shirt.

I often think you talk a lot of crap, but this for me is spot on.

Our team is made up of footballing detritus. I can't wait to see the marketing campaign for season tickets next year with such shite form, style of play, and crap players.

None of them are really close to Benteke though in playing style...not saying Holt is Benteke, mind you, but he is the closest of that. 

It's because he's our first signing in a window where everyone is questioning our funds.

Naturally people will use this as us setting the barometer of what's to come.

Its not even that. We're signing a shit player. Kozak was our first option of the bench, this tells me that holt will become the same. Hes not good enough for the championship so why the **** would we want him as an option on our bench?

I don't think it really matters if he's cover for Kozak or not. It says a lot about the current state of this great football club that this is the caliber of player we are signing.

This.

Come the end of the transfer window if we've signed no one else then I can understand the frustration. Still a long way to go. Stop **** moaning.

Exactly. A 6 month loan deal with a striker who has scored goals in the PL before, who the manager knows as cover.

If he plays every game.

If we sign nobody else.

Then yes, I'll be pissed off as ****, but right now no one can possibly say that.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I don't think it really matters if he's cover for Kozak or not. It says a lot about the current state of this great football club that this is the caliber of player we are signing.

We signed Harewood on a permanent basis.

Habib Beye.

Gabor Kiraly and Didier Agathe.

Robert Pires.

This is nothing new.

• Like 2

We signed Harewood on a permanent basis.

Habib Beye.

Gabor Kiraly and Didier Agathe.

Robert Pires.

This is nothing new.

Indeed. And we signed some of those players at the apparent height of our recent success.

Â