Grant Holt

samjp26

His backheel created a clear chance, and whenever the ball was lumped towards him he did an alright job of winning the header or holding it up. Worked hard and created space for Benteke and contributed to slowing the play down.

it looks like he'll be able to do a good job towards the end of matches, holding up play and such when we're winning tight games.

I keep reading about his hold up play. In nearly a half of football he held the ball up and kept it 5 times.

Is five times that bad? How many times would you expect?

Especially when you consider most of the passes he received were in the air and he generally had to fight for a header, it seems like holding up the ball five times in 40(ish) minutes is pretty useful.

His backheel created a clear chance, and whenever the ball was lumped towards him he did an alright job of winning the header or holding it up. Worked hard and created space for Benteke and contributed to slowing the play down.

it looks like he'll be able to do a good job towards the end of matches, holding up play and such when we're winning tight games.

I keep reading about his hold up play. In nearly a half of football he held the ball up and kept it 5 times.

Is five times that bad? How many times would you expect?

Especially when you consider most of the passes he received were in the air and he generally had to fight for a header, it seems like holding up the ball five times in 40(ish) minutes is pretty useful.

Five times is about 4-5 times more than Benteke did in those few matches over Christmas. It's the mouthpiece factor that's his real strength to our side I think.

I can't belive the buzz about Holt.. So he had a nice back heel pass, other than that he slowed our tempo and attack down. I mean what are our expectations? 1 or 2 successfull backward passes and suddently a player is unbelivable ? I don't rate Holt, not at all. He's a pub player

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

I can't belive the buzz about Holt.. So he had a nice back heel pass, other than that he slowed our tempo and attack down. I mean what are our expectations? 1 or 2 successfull backward passes and suddently a player is unbelivable ? I don't rate Holt, not at all. He's a pub player

Who said he was unbelievable? A lot of the reaction seems to be extremely negative. He looks decent cover, and like a not bad alternate option for Lambert to bring on. I'd be surprised to see him starting 

I suspect he's mainly a signing for the dressroom rather than the pitch.

Edited by LordSepulchrave

What do you mean? Who has stated he was/is "unbelievable"?

Maybe i were a little farfetched with the "unbelieveable" quote, but people has stated he were very good or good, what other than the back heel pass maked him good?

Maybe i were a little farfetched with the "unbelieveable" quote, but people has stated he were very good or good, what other than the back heel pass maked him good?

Is this a wind up?

• Like 1

He were ok .Probably not magnificent as others has stated but he were alright and maked some flick ons.

• Like 2

he did an alright job of winning the header or holding it up

He won 1 header.

Is five times that bad?

Yes I think it's very poor for a half. He passed the ball to a member of his own team 5 times in 40 minutes.

I think people are saying he played OK because of how poor he is. If any of our front 3 had put that performance it, it would rightly be classed as poor. Its almost like he did OK for a out of shape championship striker rather than judging his performance the same as everyone else.

• Like 1

Â